• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coach K Retiring After This Season

If scheyer is the replacement then that is a huge win for rest of ACC,

I posted on the other thread that the only consolation if he ends up at Duke is that Carolina potentially passed on the person who could torment them the next few decades. But hopefully that’s now a moot point.

Other than Quin Snyder, lots of bums in the K tree:

Mike Krzyzewski Coaching Tree
Tommy Amaker (Harvard, Michigan, Seton Hall)
Bob Bender (Washington, Illinois State)
Kenny Blakeney (Howard)
Mike Brey (Notre Dame, Delaware)
Jeff Capel III (Oklahoma, VCU)
Chris Collins (Northwestern)
Johnny Dawkins (UCF, Stanford)
Mike Dement (UNC Greensboro, SMU, Cornell)
Neil Dougherty (TCU)
Pete Gaudet (Duke, Army)
Pat Harris (Army)
David Henderson (Delaware)
Bobby Hurley (Arizona State, Buffalo)
Nate James (Austin Peay)
Tim O’Toole (Fairfield)
Greg Paulus (Niagara)
Mike Schrage (Elon)
Quin Snyder (Utah Jazz, Austin Toros, Missouri)
Chuck Swenson (William & Mary)
Steve Wojciechowski (Marquette)

Always have felt that Amaker will be his successor.

I don't consider Hurley to be a part of the K coaching tree. Maybe that's why I actually like him as a coach.

scheyer huh? damn, someone finally listened to donaldross.

Bro. C'mon. What do you think they're going to say? I'm sure most NBA coaches are burned out over the crazy last 15 months. Stevens will be back on a sideline.

Regardless of how they announced it, Brad Stevens is available to be a head coach in the right situation.

But that’s doesn’t mean he got fired.

donaldross's plan for college hoops success

1.hire mid-thirties former duke player who everyone hated
2. ???
3. profit

If scheyer is the replacement then that is a huge win for rest of ACC,

The argument for Scheyer is that he’s running the program now. Given Duke’s recent disappointing season after disappointing season, hope Scheyer gets the job

Every single game of their schedule will be prime time ESPN for the K Fellatio Farewell Fest...

:sick::sick::sick:

Bro. C'mon. What do you think they're going to say? I'm sure most NBA coaches are burned out over the crazy last 15 months. Stevens will be back on a sideline.

Regardless of how they announced it, Brad Stevens is available to be a head coach in the right situation.

don't disagree with your last point but I'd like to be in the line of work where if you get fired from a company you get more money and stronger job security at that same company.

Every single game of their schedule will be prime time ESPN for the K Fellatio Farewell Fest...

this is the obvious downside

but end of a fucking brutal era, let's hope

Holy shit the Jon Scheyer HCIW makes the Hubert Davis hire seem like a grand slam.

Sure. But as opposed to the regular K Fellatio Fest. At least it will end. I guess Forbes has to get a recliner for K when he comes to the Joel.

i've always assumed the general sentiment in college sports among coaches is to never follow a legend if you're good. now the concern is if one of these two guys sucks and billy d and brad stevens are available.

K doesn’t want to stick around for the fallout from Ziongate? I’m shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Neither Hubert or Scheyer has head coaching experience. UNC and duke really going out on limbs to keep it in the "family".

Back