• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VT Freshman LB Charged with Murder

tigerswood

Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/virginia-tech-freshman-isi-etute-charged-with-second-degree-murder-suspended-from-team/

This story has gotten a lot more interesting, with multiple users in the below reddit thread (now locked) claiming the victim was a gay man who would catfish young men and invite them over for sex. Also allegedly would drug people at his local taco bar place of work. Not saying the victim deserved to die at all, but if you're an 18 year old kid, new to a college town, and you get catfished and (potentially) sexually assaulted by a 40 year old dude, I'm guessing your first reaction is to beat the shit out of the guy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VirginiaTech/comments/nqtgfd/virginia_tech_student_and_athlete_arrested_for/

Sounds like dude should be not guilty, crazy Reddit thread

Got a buddy who works at the hospital up there. He had never been to the restaurant/bar but said it at a reputation and a co-worker "knew a little too much about the employees" or an employee.

Insane reddit thread

Yeah, sent it to my buddy. Hoping he can provide some more details. He did say they had a pt totally out of it at the hospital and there was nothing traceable in their system. They suspected roofies.

The VT 247 site has a 33-page thread on this situation. The dead guy apparently had several fake Facebook accounts claiming to be a female physician and a history of posing as a cop. This is going to be really messy.

The VT 247 site has a 33-page thread on this situation. The dead guy apparently had several fake Facebook accounts claiming to be a female physician and a history of posing as a cop. This is going to be really messy.

Sounds like the hook for the next popular murder/mystery mini-series.

I don't see how he gets out of this without going to jail for a long time.

The guy never physically attacked him and Etute beat him to death. It would be one thing if he punched him once and the guy died (see: Jamill Jones), but it sounds like Etute went a little (a lot) overboard here.

According to those statements, Etute visited the victim’s apartment April 10 for oral sex after he was matched up with someone named “Angie” on Tinder. Etute returned to the apartment May 31 to engage in sexual activity and discovered the person he was matched up with was a man, according to summaries of the evidence made by both Morgan and defense attorney Jimmy Turk.

Etute also told police that Smith did not assault him.

Etute told the police he punched the victim five times in the face and continued punching them when the person hit the ground and “stomped” on them. He heard “bubbling and gurgling” as he left the apartment, but didn’t call the police.

The guy never physically attacked him and Etute beat him to death. It would be one thing if he punched him once and the guy died (see: Jamill Jones), but it sounds like Etute went a little (a lot) overboard here.

Agree. Crazy and fucked up situation all the way around.

I’m very confused about the previous visit. Did he not care that it was a guy then? Was the person dressed as a woman?

Yeah this guy is in deep shit. Super fucked up situation but you can’t just beat someone to death for pretty much no reason.

I’m very confused about the previous visit. Did he not care that it was a guy then? Was the person dressed as a woman?

Same.

Did he get a blow job from a dude and not realize it until a month and a half later when he went back for sex?

I guess that would (somewhat) explain the rage beyond just being upset from the bait & switch on May 31st.

Same.

Did he get a blow job from a dude and not realize it until a month and a half later when he went back for sex?

I guess that would (somewhat) explain the rage beyond just being upset from the bait & switch on May 31st.

Maybe it was a glory hole meet up...

This story is so tragic and just plain sad. I feel so bad for the victim but also for this young man who just threw his future away

Good luck finding a jury in SW Virginia that’s going to convict him.

Back