• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's Basketball Schedule

Guess I’m going to have to learn all this quad 2 and whatever stuff if Forbes is going to field competitive basketball teams.

yeah i haven't worried about "resume building" wins in ten years. RPI was a thing.

I got some practice with the women’s team run last year so that was nice.

Northwestern also would prefer to be playing a bigger name. Chris Collins is among the early names on the hot seat next year. Since their 2017 NCAA tournament team (first in school history), NW has gone 19-58 in the Big 10, and the Wildcats haven't finished higher than 10th in the standings. A WF win would further the push to end Collins' time in Evanston.

Collins is a dead man walking.

Collins was a trendy pick coming off of the Wildcats 2017 season to eventually replace K at Duke and Northwestern committed $110M to renovate their on-campus arena and shipped the team off to play in DePaul's old arena in Rosemont for a season while they did so in hopes of enticing Collins to stay by giving him to tools to succeed at Northwestern. Since then Collins has underwhelmed and COVID happened.

There are lots of NU alumni and boosters who aren't happy about spending that cash and not seeing sustained success on the court. Couple that with a new AD and you've got a recipe for a lost season up in Evanston.

it still blows my mind that it took NU until 2017 to make the tournament. there are so many random teams that have won the damn thing throughout the course of its history, to not even make it, especially in the expanded bracket/at-large era, is crazy. I think Nebraska was in the same boat as well.

it still blows my mind that it took NU until 2017 to make the tournament. there are so many random teams that have won the damn thing throughout the course of its history, to not even make it, especially in the expanded bracket/at-large era, is crazy. I think Nebraska was in the same boat as well.

Nebraska is the only major college program to have never won an NCAA Tournament game, but they have been to the tournament 7 times, their first in 1986. Northwestern beat Vandy and then lost to Gonzaga in their only trip in 2017

Northwestern’s facilities used to be horrendously bad. Not surprisingly they were always at the bottom of the Big Ten and hard to make the tournament when you are always in last place.

Unfortunately won't be a reunion with Jamie Lewis.

I have absolutely no recollection of this person playing for Wake.

His offensive rating of 32.7 in 8 games in 2018 belongs in the KenPom Hall of Shame. He was in the same class with Hoard/Mucius/Sharone Wright Jr.

That leaves 3 more OOC opponents

Xavier will not be one of them

UNC & UVA have released their 2021-2022 schedules in the past week.

You would think that WF would be eager to post the 2021-22 schedule as the current godeacs website features this past year's 6-16 (3-15) finishing the season on an 8 game losing skid schedule. That one is not much fun to look at.

UNC & UVA have released their 2021-2022 schedules in the past week.

Only the non-conference portions. Would expect the ACC portion of the schedule around early-to-mid August.

Back