• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US Open contest

40 Oosthuizen
40 Hatton
50 Casey
60 Conners
60 Ancer
150 Hoffman

400. Don't really like the big names this week outside of Morikawa. Also getting tired of the Koepka/DeChambeau feud. I've always liked Brooks, but he's really coming across as petulent.

Really hope you're wrong on this haha. I have a head to head matchup bet on my boy Vik vs Mori today.

10 Jon Rahm
14 Bryson DeChambeau
18 Collin Morikawa
60 Corey Conners
150 Ryan Palmer
150 Ryo Ishikawa

14 Rory McIlroy
28 Hideki Matsuyama
33 Webb Simpson
33 Will Zalatoris
150 Henrick Stenson
150 Ian Poulter
Total = 408

Really hope you're wrong on this haha. I have a head to head matchup bet on my boy Vik vs Mori today.

Of the folks under 30 points, the 1s I think have the best chance are Morikawa, Hovland and Cantlay. I like a lot of guys in the 30-60 range and think we could see a 1st time major winner from 1 of those guys. Hoffman is my favorite long shot. He's had a lot of solid finishes this year and is usually good on the West Coast Swing part of the calendar.

10 Jon Rahm
14 Brooks Koepka
14 Bryson DeChambeau
66 Marc Leishman
150 Akshay Bhatia
150 Ryan Palmer

My team's almost the exact same as yours.

10 Jon Rahm
14 Rory McIlroy
14 Bryson DeChambeau
66 Marc Leishman
150 Francesco Molinari
150 Ryan Palmer

Rahm 10
Webb 33
Will Z 33
Phil 60
Cink 125
Poulter 150
Total 401

Webb having a bad start with bogeys on the first 2 holes.
And Wolff, who took several months off from golf, is -3 after 4 holes. Go figure.

Well my Morikawa and Homa picks are not looking great so far.

Webb is gonna have to shoot a 62/63 tomorrow to make the cut.

Horrible round.

Cam Young with a nice round. Started -2 on front 9 and finished +1 for the round.

Willy Z tees off in 30 min

Cam is hanging in. He was tied for the lead for about 5 minutes after his 9th hole and then stumbled on his second nine (holes 1 through 9) before birdieing his last hole. If I could buy stock in a golfer, I would buy stock in Cam. He will be a solid PGA player for many years if he can avoid injury. We've been over this a million times, but crazy that WF had Young and Zalatoris in the program for 2.5 years (Zalatoris was a year ahead of Young and bailed midway through his senior year) among a bunch of other highly rated players, and didn't win an ACC title, only made it out of the NCAA regional once, and finished 23rd in the Championship the one year that WF advanced. Must be the long pants.

That is crazy. Too much talent without a deep championship run.

Cam and Will's success should be good for recruiting, if nothing else. I always love pulling for the Wake guys. Now that Tiger is gone, it gives me a reason to still watch golf.

Bezuidenhout train rolling!

(pay no attention to the combined plus-12 from my non-Rory/Christiaan picks, I beg of you)

I think the course won yesterday. We’ll see what happens today.

not a good tourney for our deacs

My team barely made the cut. I had Webb and Will. Was certain that those guys would make it. Webb had a run of 16 majors without missing a cut….the longest current run on tour. Will be tough for him to do it again.

I was surprised to see that I had 5 guys who made the cut. My top pick, Matsuyama, was -2 after Rd.1. He started Rd.2 on the back and went +6 on the first 4 holes.

I also picked him for my Masters team, but I don't think we had a contest. Timing.

Last edited:
Great golf today. The leaderboard is stacked. If you’re not watching, tube in for the back nine.

I'm not a fan of everyone in the gallery at every tournament watching live golf through their phones. Put the damn phone away and be in the moment.

That's my dad rant of th day.

Back