• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS 9-0 Ruling: "The NCAA is not above the law."

Is there a termination clause in the Milos Tea/Bo Nix deal that allows the tea manufacturer to opt out after he throws multiple picks in a game?

FWIW, Nix played 3 regular season games against ranked teams (Bama, UGA and A&M) in 2020. In those games, Nix threw for zero TDs and 3 picks.

Fucking loving this! I hope player grab every bag in sight, it’s the wild Wild West. Let’s fucking go

Nothing will change immediately and all of the same inequalities will still exist.

With a few exceptions, the guys getting compensated for their images and autographs and appearances are the same guys who will be millionaires a year or two later.

What will ultimately happen is schools will claim they can't handle the extra costs and they'll cut men's Olympic sports. It's already happening.

NCAA needs to jettison football if it wants to survive.

I think you are underestimating how amazing this could be in conjunction with social media/podcast/ and content platforms out there.

This is the best thing that’s happened to college sports since college sports.

SCOTUS 9-0 Ruling: "The NCAA is not above the law."

Yeah. Imagine being able to pay $100 to get a Cameo from your team’s best player to talk shit to your buddy during rivalry week.

Last edited:
I love the idea that a school can be nothing more than a marketing tool to help a someone build their business and brand.

There is so much money out there outside the traditional sports centric mindset.

7bd47fa0459632e08c1bf21f92246391.jpg

It may be as simple as sending an email to Arby's with a photo of Christian being held up by the offensive line with everyone holding an Arby's triple with a bite removed.

Or they could be the Wake Forest Football Offensive Line sponsored by Arby’s. Possibilities are endless.

Was talking with a friend about this and how the revival of EA College Football could play into it. He had a great idea. Players could charge people to play in their dynasty leagues. Gotta imagine there is a large market of people willing to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to play in leagues with their favorite players.

So can fans just start passing players money directly a la Odell Beckham now or does there have to be a middle man to make it look more official and proper?

Some of these kids better be hiring business managers or accountants or some of them'll surely commit some light tax evasion

Some of these kids better be hiring business managers or accountants or some of them'll surely commit some light tax evasion

Can’t imagine these businesses won’t be sending them 1099s next January. I’m curious what the state tax implications will be. What’s the source of the income? Who do they owe taxes on NIL I come to?

My brother worked at a tax clinic for a branch of the military and he had a ton of young enlisted soldiers whose spouses worked for Uber or Lyft. These soldiers came in expecting a big refund and learned they owed money.

Can’t imagine these businesses won’t be sending them 1099s next January. I’m curious what the state tax implications will be. What’s the source of the income? Who do they owe taxes on NIL I come to?

My brother worked at a tax clinic for a branch of the military and he had a ton of young enlisted soldiers whose spouses worked for Uber or Lyft. These soldiers came in expecting a big refund and learned they owed money.
Might get additionally tricky as many of these kids will still be classified by their parents as dependants, right? (Internet says college kids can be claimed as dependants until they're 24)

Although now that I think about it I had a summer job arranged by the wake athletic department (and another for another ACC athletic department).

I didn't see this above, but Bilas thinks the NCAA should reinstated player records and championships from the past.

I guess we should have been paying players all along.

Back