• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Soccer Thread

Girls are IN and draw Harvard who are VERY beatable. Game appears to be home this Sunday.

It seems like Michigan was a pretty good draw for the 2nd round if we can beat Harvard

The ladies defeat Harvard 3-0 to advance in the NCAA tournament.

They will travel to Ann Arbor. MI to play a second round game against the #2 seeded Michigan Wolverines on Friday November 19th.

WF men draw Mercer in first round with winner to play #13 FIU.

Mercer’s a solid side. This is a tough draw for Wake considering what some other teams are facing.

Their match against Furman was one I saw. They have a kid in the midfield that sets the tempo and scores in bunches. He’s very solid. Dylan Gaither. I wouldn’t he shocked to see us shadow him early on before we get into a tempo. They also have a big dude up top who is great around the goal. He’s another good finisher and honestly looks like a kid who will go pro. Great body around the goal.

Mercer’s back line and GK leave a bit to be desired. We will give them fits with our speed and technical attack.

I fully expect to see Mercer foul us 10* times in the first half. They’re going to struggle with possession against us, but they have very elite talent that will push for them to get a goal early and knock us off our game. I don’t see either team posting a shut out. We are going to see some goals, just hopefully more in our favor.

Get your butt to Spry!!!

checking in for the first time this season: we are pretty bad this year, right?

Not how you want to start after putting the pressure on early.

Fayettenam was right, this defense is shaky. Let's keep attacking!

Back to Mercer’s goal, I don’t know how someone isn’t in Gaither’s pocket. Granted it an Antonio strike from this week, but like, the whole world knows the THE guy.

Back to Mercer’s goal, I don’t know how someone isn’t in Gaither’s pocket. Granted it an Antonio strike from this week, but like, the whole world knows the THE guy.
Antonio's goal more forgivable because he's literally never scored a goal from outside the box

In my very limited soccer knowledge, Mercer looks like the better team. We can’t possess the ball.

Back