• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Soccer Thread

For tv I assume. That is crappy start time on a Thursday.

Haha, for 1st round NCAA Men's Soccer? No, there will be no TV coverage until the College Cup. I'm sure it was 100% related to travel purposes for the next round (whoever wins is probably hopping on a plane first thing this morning to reach their Round 2 site).

Haha, for 1st round NCAA Men's Soccer? No, there will be no TV coverage until the College Cup. I'm sure it was 100% related to travel purposes for the next round (whoever wins is probably hopping on a plane first thing this morning to reach their Round 2 site).

Well that is weird since I watched the game on my phone last night. Hulu baby!

Bracket Link: https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/soccer-men/d1/2021

WF plays #13 FIU on Sunday. If WF advances, they would play the winner of Villanova and ND (#4 seed). Seems doable. ACC has 7 teams in the final 32. Oregon State is the #1 seed. Seems surprising as have no recollection of previous Beaver soccer success. Also, Stanford is not in the field.

Of course Wake would be having a down year in coincidentally the same season that Stanford and Virginia weren’t there to block our path.

I honestly don’t know what point you’re attempting to make here. All the NCAA games have TV coverage of some sort. People interested could watch.

What’s the travel thing? Our guys didn’t get on a flight until about an hour ago for Miami.

The crowd wasn’t great. Students came in well but we lacked many of the local supporters IMO and that was based on a 6:00 kick where it’s much more difficult to leave work and get to Spry.

Is there a way to watch the women’s game? I don’t even know what Big 10 Plus is and I’m certainly not paying for that.

0-2.
Don't worry ddb. You didn't miss much. Michigan was the better team.

Hello, thank you for making sure we are all able clearly recognize you don't pay attention to NCAA soccer, that way next time we read a post of yours we don't have to go past the name.
Cheers

The game is on ESPN+ a paid subscription. Typically wake on ESPN with no charge.

Do they show ESPN+ for free when on Demand (taped) as oppose to live? Or do you still have to pay for it even when on demand....

Maybe it's not on ACCNX because it's at FIU instead of at Wake. Sucks, but you can watch the 4-0 Lady Deacs at ECU on ACCN instead.

Last edited:
They’re playing very well, but every time we win the ball, they’re fouling us.

Worse than the officiating is that it appears they watered the field for 24 hours straight. It’s in awful condition. It’s embarrassing to see an NCAA match on a field so bad.

this is amazing, we have 2 goals on about 3 min of possession.

2-1 at half. 2 goals on 4 shots, all on goal. FIU 9 shots, only 2 on goal.

Back