• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Soccer Thread

Nice win! One of 4 ACC teams in the S16, Clemson tied 0-0 with Denver.

Condition of their field was ridiculous. It cost them more than us as they slipped numerous times and lost the ball. Plus one major mis-hit due to slipping on a great opportunity.

It would have been difficult to sleep tonight knowing we’d let a kid advance who cut holes in his socks to let his calves breath. Rest easy tonight, Deacs.

so do we have a chance against ND? any idea if our injured guys are supposed to come back?

Deacs play at ND next Sunday at 5 pm. WF and the Irish have not squared off this year (WF beat ND 3-2 in South Bend last Spring). ND is 13-5-3 on the season. They went 4-2-2 in the ACC, but won the ACC tourney (after winning the quarterfinal match against L'ville on PKs). Seems like a very winnable game. The WF/ND winner plays the Hofstra/Pitt winner to go to the College Cup. Hofstra beat #12 Penn State 8 (yes EIGHT)- 2 yesterday.

how did the ref not do anything about that kid before he got rightfully trucked?

And that asshole has a coach who lets him get away with it. I can 't imagine a single Wake coach who wouldn't have punished the player for that if the league didn't come down with appropriate punishment. And that includes [Redacted], who coached Devin Thomas.

Women's soccer coach Tony DaLuz calls out the Duke men's coach for the antics of the Duke player. Good job Coach Tony.

If Duke didn’t immediately take #7 out of the game, UCLA should have just beaten the shit out of him at the restart. That is ridiculous.

If Duke didn’t immediately take #7 out of the game, UCLA should have just beaten the shit out of him at the restart. That is ridiculous.

my elbow is creeping up a little higher than normal the next time I go up for a header against #7 if he did my keeper like that

that's some petulant bullshit

#7 has a name which should be known -- Thorleifur Ulfarsson. He is a sophomore so we are likely to see him again.

Interesting to see Duke's official site's take on this:
"Stroud fired a shot from the top of the penalty arc that grazed off a defender and into the back of the net for a 2-1 lead.
The Blue Devils maintained the lead and got some added help when another UCLA player, Pietro Grassi, was sent off with a straight red card, leaving the Bruins with just nine men."

Obviously, no mention of what let to Grassi's red card.

so do we have a chance against ND? any idea if our injured guys are supposed to come back?

They have an Irish kid in midfield we will have to man mark. I honestly don’t know why he opted for college. He’s pro ready and has been playing on N Ireland national teams.

This ND is good, obviously. We will have to be clinical and finish our chances. We will likely have to rely on the counter because they match up well against us and have some dudes that can score. I hate to think our mids will get overrun, but that could happen. Weather the early storm and then start building off what we do would be my gameplay.

Back