• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Soccer Thread

Easy finish for Julian Kennedy after being absolutely assaulted all night. Another assist for Colin Thomas after not even playing in the first half.

5-0

Lololol great through ball and Kennedy finishes with poise. Hattrick for the freshman!

6-0 against a Loyola team I was told was very good

A bit of a sloppy period and needed a huge goalkeeper save on a one-on-one.

But sophomore Oscar Sears gets his first career goal.

7-0

Huge win for the ladies tonight over State. 1-0, but we dominated. Good shape for postseason berth at the moment

ACC Women's standings (conference record):

FSU 7-0-1
UVA 7-0-1
ND 6-2
Duke 5-2-1
WF 5-3
Clemson 5-3
UNC 3-2-3
VT 3-3-2
Pitt 3-5
L'ville 3-5
NC State 3-5
BC 1-7
Miami 1-7
Cuse 0-8

Lady Deacs have two games left: @ Pitt and @ ND. Don't understand the women's rankings. FSU is #1, UVA is #2, Duke is #6, UNC is #7, ND is #15, and NC State, Clemson and VT all have more votes than WF. Pretty sure the WF women have never finished above UNC is the ACC standings.

Men's standings:

Atlantic:

Clemson 4-2
L'ville 4-2
WF 3-2-1
BC 1-3-2
Cuse 1-4-1
State 0-4-2

Coastal:

ND 4-1-1
Duke 4-2
Pitt 4-2
VT 3-2-1
UNC 2-4
UVA 2-4

The WF men have two left: @ BC and home versus Cuse. Clemson is #6, Pitt is #10, VT #13, Duke #18, ND is #20, L'ville and WF among those receiving votes.

Last edited:
Kyle Holcomb has to be better.

He has been by far the most consistently frustrating member of the team this year. Every game, you have to account for at least 1-3 clear cut chances wasted that as a senior I feel have to be converted.

What are the chances of the men's and women's soccer teams making the ACC and NCAA tournaments?

The women have a huge end of season match against Notre Dame who currently also sits at 6-3. We should be in the ACC tournament regardless of the result, but I think a win or draw would no doubt solidify our NCAA chances.

Wake has 3 losses this year and 2 of them are the top 6 teams nationally.

The men are in a similar situation with a finale against Syracuse. Syracuse are coming over a marquee win against Clemson. We have similar records and sit 33 and 34 in the RPI (which in the past has always been a MAJOR indicator of who gets at-large bids). If I had to guess right now, we need a win against Syracuse to feel comfortable about our chances.

Duke, Pitt, Clemson, UNC all likely sit ahead of us in bids. Notre Dame, VT, Syracuse, and us all need to show the committee a strong finish, so obviously we will see a team or two left out.

Wake has 3 losses this year and 2 of them are the top 6 teams nationally.

That’s right. But there are 4 ACC teams with 2 losses or less who have much better RPIs than us. I think we would be in, but I think a result makes us very sure.

That’s right. But there are 4 ACC teams with 2 losses or less who have much better RPIs than us. I think we would be in, but I think a result makes us very sure.

I do think it’s fair to say, most NCAA tourneys see 8 ACC teams or so, so again I think we are very good. I’d just love to not even have a question.

I do think it’s fair to say, most NCAA tourneys see 8 ACC teams or so, so again I think we are very good. I’d just love to not even have a question.

I think we’re in better shape for NCAA then the ACC. Need a result against ND to sew both up. Amazing that Carolina might miss ACC tournament despite being ranked 7th in the country.

ACC tourney takes how many out of how many?

Back