• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Soccer Thread

Thanks for responding. Appreciate when folks in the know help out those of us who are learning.

Not exactly sure what happened to Aristotle Zarris...other than injuries...but Muuss is praising him on twitter re: senior day.

Not exactly sure what happened to Aristotle Zarris...other than injuries...but Muuss is praising him on twitter re: senior day.

I think he was just never able to get to playing fitness/ 100% fit after the ACL tear in fall 2019

I think he was just never able to get to playing fitness/ 100% fit after the ACL tear in fall 2019

Yeah. Super unfortunate. Great player, lockerroom guy, student athlete, and representative of MSD.

I think I posted in the pre-season on this threat, his Z knee scar made you think he’d likely never be able to compete at the level required to continue. I hope he finds success as a coach or in the career he so chooses.

Tough 2-1 loss for the ladies, but the good news is they’re in as the 6 seed in the ACC tournament. We will face a pretty good Duke team though.

WF plays Cuse tonight at home to close the regular season. Not sure, but I believe a win would clinch a spot in the ACC Tournament (do only 8 of the 12 teams make it?). Cuse is 2-4-1 in the ACC, but they beat #6 Clemson last time out.

WF plays Cuse tonight at home to close the regular season. Not sure, but I believe a win would clinch a spot in the ACC Tournament (do only 8 of the 12 teams make it?). Cuse is 2-4-1 in the ACC, but they beat #6 Clemson last time out.

I think 12. Still a HUGE match regardless.

Virginia at home first round ACC tournament. What could go wrong?

Lots of back and forth late. Lady Deacs had two shots on goal up 1-0 then Duke came back with an equalizer and almost immediately Wake came back and forced a Duke own goal. Wake up 2-1 with 3 min left.

Virginia at home first round ACC tournament. What could go wrong?

Deacs host UVA at 8 pm on Wednesday on the ACCN. With a win, WF would advance to play at Duke in the ACC Tournament Quarters on Sunday (2 pm also on the ACCN).

The WF women play in the ACC Semis against #2 FSU on Friday (ACCN at 8 pm).

Back