• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Soccer Thread

They have an Irish kid in midfield we will have to man mark. I honestly don’t know why he opted for college. He’s pro ready and has been playing on N Ireland national teams.

This ND is good, obviously. We will have to be clinical and finish our chances. We will likely have to rely on the counter because they match up well against us and have some dudes that can score. I hate to think our mids will get overrun, but that could happen. Weather the early storm and then start building off what we do would be my gameplay.

I thinky you're referring to Burns, and technically I think he lines up at LB but he definitely spends >60% of his time on the attack/midfield areas of the field.

Good catch. Hadn’t watched them enough to realize that was his position.

And another Duke player tries to cheap shot the SLU GK at the end of the match. Poorly coached misfits. You love to see them go out.

How times have changed that no one is posting on this during a postseason game. Down 1-0 about 10 minutes into the 2nd.

This fucking homer broadcast ("Patrick" and "Paddy") and these smug fucks on the field are pissing me off.

0-2 Loss to ND. Offense/Midfield didn't show up today. Defense also had lapses. First goal was a shot from outside of the box that is blocked or goes out of bounds 99 times out of 100. Unlucky, defender could have stuck his body in there. Second goal on transition, Swallen was covering a runner and switches off without a defender present, Tubbs was the closest but hard to blame since he had no clue the runner was there, suppose he should be looking. Thats all she wrote.

Looking forward, Holcomb and Rula will probably be drafted. Hopefully they make the roster, tough to say nowadays. Other than that, its possible a homegrown or two made an impact enough to get a contract this offseason, tough to say.

Last edited:
Wake needs to start webcasting these games. I would have loved to watch it.

Wake needs to start webcasting these games. I would have loved to watch it.

It was available to watch on ACCNX. WF can’t webcast a game that someone has rights to. It also wasn’t at home.

Clemson up 1-0 after 25 seconds after the UWash goalie completely whiffed on a ball. Absolutely devastating for the GK.

Back