• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How to: Include a picture in your posts

TWDeac

Resident Astrophysicist
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of you may be familiar with how to upload a picture to a vBulletin sourced forum. This is for those of you who are not.

Step 1: Find an image of whatever it is you want to post about in a thread. It could be a picture of Tim Duncan, or Sarah Palin. In this instance, its a troll. I normally use google images but the concept is the same no matter where you find the picture.

image1.png

Step 2: Right click and save the picture to your harddrive in a place that you'll be able to find it later.

image2.png

Step 3: Here is the file in your my pictures folder. It is labeled troll.jpg

image3.png

Last edited:
Step 4: Go to an online image hosting site. I always use tinypic because I have had good experiences with them. If you make an account on their site, it is even better. Anyway, www.tinypic.com is the site.

image4.png

Step 5: Remember how I said to remember where your image was saved? Here is where you will need it. Click browse, find your troll.jpg image, click open and then click upload now. There are some options you can change, but for the most part, you don't need to mess around with them unless your image is enormous.

image5.png

Step 6: Congratulations, your image has been hosted. There are a multitude of links. You can copy the image code for message boards and paste it directly into a post(much easier option), or the direct link. In this instance, I use the direct link. Select it and copy it.

image6.png

Last edited:
Step 6: Go to your post and click the insert image icon(the one with the mountain and sun). Here is where you paste your link. If you copied the link that already includes the image tags, you can just copy it directly into the post and you are done.

image7.png

Step 7: This is the finished product with html image tags.

image8.png

Step 8: Reap the benefits of your awesome picture!

image9.png

Last edited:
Or in the editor, click the insert image button and copy and paste the url of the image. This obviously only works for images you found online. Any image on the internet, when right clicked, gives you the option, "View Image". This takes you to the url of that image. Copy that url. Hit the insert image button in the post edit box and paste the url. Or simply use the tags [ IMG ]URL[ /IMG ] without the spaces in the tags.
images

Addendum, copying and pasting images into posts like teh other boards allowed you to do:

Alright, I've figured out how you can set your post creation to allow copy and pasting of images in (at least w/ the firefox image toolbar I've always used).

You just need to make sure you are in the advanced editor mode, or WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). If you aren't in this by default (and I'll explain how to set it that way in a second) you can switch to this mode by clicking on the "A/A" button in the top right corner of the create post box. Once you're in that mode it should let you just copy and paste the images in.

If you want this to be on by default, then you need to go your User CP (top left on the navbar). Click on "Edit Options" in the left toolbar, and then scroll down to the bottom and select "Enhanced Interface..." from the drop down box labeled as Message Editor Interface. That should put you in that mode by default from here on out.

:werd:

How do I make my picture smaller? I click on it, drag the box in, but it doesn't actually change the size in the post.

How do I make my picture smaller? I click on it, drag the box in, but it doesn't actually change the size in the post.

You'd have to physically make the picture smaller through a program like irfanview or photoshop. There are also some online resizers you can use. Just search for online image resizer

how do you link pictures from facebook?

I don't think it's possible anymoar, facebook has changed their coding w/ pictures so it's impossible to copy/pasta (or so it appears). Your best bet is to download and re-host somewhere else, like tinypic.

Back