• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Football Season Ticket Holder- Advice on Gameday?

WakeCLT

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve never been to a Wake football game but am an alumnus and in the excitement for this season decided to take the plunge on season tickets. Any tips on tailgating/gameday/best seats in the house? I am in the new East Side club- anyone been to the Pollard club before? Touchdown club? McCreary Tower? Bought a parking pass in Couch Lot (Baseball stadium)- how is the tailgating over there? Any advice you have is appreciated- Go Deacs!

It’s too much trouble to setup a parody anymore. That’s not me.

Hi All,

I’ve never been to a Wake football game but am an alumnus and in the excitement for this season decided to take the plunge on season tickets. Any tips on tailgating/gameday/best seats in the house? I am in the new East Side club- anyone been to the Pollard club before? Touchdown club? McCreary Tower? Bought a parking pass in Couch Lot (Baseball stadium)- how is the tailgating over there? Any advice you have is appreciated- Go Deacs!

Sit on the home side. If you're bringing young kids then I wouldn't do any of the club levels, other than *maybe* the TD Club. Tailgating is solid in the red/blue/orange/good lots, but I can't speak for the Couch, although for the big games I'm sure there's enough going on.

If you can try to upgrade your parking to one of the lots I mentioned, you'll be closer to the activities, music, etc.

If this is a Biff Parody, then you got me. Otherwise, I hope this helps.

Hi All,

Based on the few times I've been in McCreary or Touchdown you'll enjoy the new club, particularly those early season games (sun/heat is brutal on the East side). As for parking & tailgating, I'm not a fan of Couch: no green space to spread out and/or set up a tent, and it can be tough to get out of after the game with so much foot traffic coming thru. I'd suggest that if you can work it out with the ticket office, see if you can "downgrade" to the Senior Services lot: plenty of green space (if you get there at a decent hour), and assuming you're headed to Charlotte after the game (judging by your "clt" handle), it's a quick right turn out of the lot out to 52 and you avoid most of the post-game traffic exiting the stadium lots. Our regular crew has several "exiles" from Couch, Orange and Blue, and they all like it better out in the hinterlands. But Couch is super-close to the stadium, so you could always try it this season and if it's not ideal, stroll over to Senior Services and see what you think for next season.

Is it possible to be an alum and to never have attended a football game? I can’t comprehend this.

Is it possible to be an alum and to never have attended a football game? I can’t comprehend this.

Lol you've seen the student section over the years. Of course it's not only possible but prevalent.

My brother is a Wake fan. Not a Deacon Club member and never attended the school. Has attended games in the past and I'm sure provided his email address at some point.

He received an email this week that he can purchase tickets in the Tower or Field House at reasonable prices. Interesting.

Sit on the home side. If you're bringing young kids then I wouldn't do any of the club levels, other than *maybe* the TD Club. Tailgating is solid in the red/blue/orange/good lots, but I can't speak for the Couch, although for the big games I'm sure there's enough going on.

If you can try to upgrade your parking to one of the lots I mentioned, you'll be closer to the activities, music, etc.

If this is a Biff Parody, then you got me. Otherwise, I hope this helps.

I don’t have kids (upper 20’s and single)- bought 2 tix and will likely wind up bringing a buddy with me to the games. Good shout on the other lots, the more I’m reading it sounds like Couch may not be great for tailgating. I also have no idea what or who Biff is.

Based on the few times I've been in McCreary or Touchdown you'll enjoy the new club, particularly those early season games (sun/heat is brutal on the East side). As for parking & tailgating, I'm not a fan of Couch: no green space to spread out and/or set up a tent, and it can be tough to get out of after the game with so much foot traffic coming thru. I'd suggest that if you can work it out with the ticket office, see if you can "downgrade" to the Senior Services lot: plenty of green space (if you get there at a decent hour), and assuming you're headed to Charlotte after the game (judging by your "clt" handle), it's a quick right turn out of the lot out to 52 and you avoid most of the post-game traffic exiting the stadium lots. Our regular crew has several "exiles" from Couch, Orange and Blue, and they all like it better out in the hinterlands. But Couch is super-close to the stadium, so you could always try it this season and if it's not ideal, stroll over to Senior Services and see what you think for next season.

Thanks- this is super helpful. Where is the Senior Services lot in relation to Couch? I actually am a Wake Uptown Charlotte Graduate so truthfully haven’t spent much time at main campus in Winston. Is it “Green Lot” in the map here? https://godeacs.com/common/controls...mage_path=/images/2018/8/15/2018_BBT_Area.jpg

Ticket rep told me Couch because of the proximity to the stadium/my entrance on the East side but it sounds like in terms of tailgating/fun it may not be the best option.

I attended Wake Business school in Uptown Charlotte and thus never attended a football game! Went to the UNC hoops game 2 years ago though- that was fun. Deacs won by 20 IIRC.

WakeCLT: the Senior lot is not on the map you posted; if the map was expanded, it would be across the street and on the opposite corner from Couch. Location is the corner of 30th Street and Shorefair Drive.
Don't know if this link will work:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...cc1d57ae27a564!8m2!3d36.1288301!4d-80.2561184

Yup link works great- that’s awesome. Thanks for the advice, I’ll call my rep Monday and see about “downgrading” there. Thanks for the tip.

Yup link works great- that’s awesome. Thanks for the advice, I’ll call my rep Monday and see about “downgrading” there. Thanks for the tip.

Get tickets. Take friends. Root for the Deacs. Have fun. Become a regular.

Anyone have any idea when season tickets are sent out? Ticket rep said they were moving to electronic outside of club seating which should still have a lanyard. I live in an apartment complex in Charlotte so just like to keep an eye out on stuff to ensure it doesn’t get lost. Also I presume parking passes are typically sent at the same time?

Get a date at Salem College across town. The Salem gals love WF football. They are not all cute, but always rich!

I just wanted to bump this thread to recap the first year now that the home slate is complete.

What an AWESOME experience this was. Honestly had no idea what to expect before the season started and this went about as perfectly as you could ask for. Not only did I enjoy it, but my girlfriend who attended most of the games with me absolutely loved it as well. We’ve not only renewed for next year, we’ve upgraded our seats as well. And with how much fun we’ve had going to the football games, we decided to get a half season basketball package as well.

Fun time to be a Deac. Hopefully we get the W this weekend and head to Charlotte to play for the ACC title in a few weeks. Will definitely be there if so!

Good deal WakeCLT. Pull for those Deacs through thick and thin too.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. You certainly picked a good time to become a season ticket holder. Hopefully basketball will make a similar impression.

Back