• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Diplomacy Game Thread - GAME OVER, GERMANY SOLO VICTORY

Can you get France to flip? Do you seem likely to get a build next year/do you have a build coming up?

That Russian fleet in the Ionian is a pain your rear end.

Thank you all again for those that played, I appreciate everyone's time and efforts, other than a couple of hiccups the game ran smoothly and, speaking only for myself, was a fun exercise.

Can you get France to flip? Do you seem likely to get a build next year/do you have a build coming up?

That Russian fleet in the Ionian is a pain your rear end.

I believe I can get France to flip. I'm trying to talk the Russian into him going to TYR and I fill in ION to take Tunis but really I'd destroy his fleet in the fall and start making a bee line for Sev with my units. Russia has already told me their plan for their fleets around Scandinavia so I know that Berlin can be taken this turn and probably Denmark too.

I just haven't decided if it would be wise to do it this turn as it would take a while to get out to Sev and other SCs around the Black Sea.

Austria, what was the plan there in 1902? Turkey was clearly against you and I offered you the world…then you half stabbed me like two turns in a row. Just odd playing, IMO. Would love to hear your strategy there.

My early days were rough with the timing of round ends. As Big Brother fans will know, it's important to be the last person in someone's ear when they have to make a crucial decision. Turkey was that. I generally had trouble getting a foothold at all, especially with a hostile Italy, which is certain death for the Austrian.

I think Germany played great. The England power vacuum at the start obviously favors him and France the most, and coupled with a dying Russia, Germany has a great chance and capitalized. He also did a good job of not doing anything the rest of us wanted, and we knew it, but he got enough trust to get away with it.

I maintain that had Turkey not stabbed me we would be in a 3 way game right now with G. I had to attack Italy when I did as that was the only direction I could grow, and I had to grow. Had we eaten Italy and had Balkan peace as T went north then west, it could have been a different game. AT rarely works out for A, I know, but the board was actually set for it to do so as it was clear (to me at least) that G was the main threat which helps keep the peace in the Balkans. I do feel T was playing for a 2 way in general, which killed the small chances I had.

Overall this was very fun and generally well played; there is definitely a contingent of capable players that should have some great games going forward. I hate being Austria. I did not play very well but surviving for a few years with a hostile Italy is something, I guess. Not being able to trust him made me make some rash decisions for sure.

Sorry for the deepfake on playing (well not really sorry) but my language is easy to suss out and I have a little bit of a reputation in these games.

I absolutely love the fact that toogs faked his participation in this game, that’s amazing

I absolutely love the fact that toogs faked his participation in this game, that’s amazing

I don't know if it was a dream or a DM but I thought Gooner was like "hmmmm you won't play out England what's going on here..."

I had zero intention of playing as I was in a cabin with no internet the last 10 days and knew that could fuck the game if I was alive. But you guys sat there at 6 for a minute and I was like well just play, find a sub if you don't get Austria, be dead in time if you do. And then I was still barely alive so I am driving a quad around the woods looking for a signal to put in my last couple of moves.

Anyone up for a reroll? I wouldn’t mind playing without a hand tied behind my back.

I would play another game

I'd play in a couple of weeks but find I need a break after these games. Someone DM Eagles he's fun to play with.

I'd play in a couple of weeks but find I need a break after these games. Someone DM Eagles he's fun to play with.

I anticipate that might apply to a few people, but I missed my favorite stage of the game (pre 1901), so I figured I would give it a whirl and see if we can get 7.

Yeah, I need a break from it after the past few weeks of this game. I'd play again but not if we are trying to start this week

On vacation this week but I'd be up for one that started this coming Monday

also back to the lepanto for a minute, goon and I never talked about it other than in the context of turkey's fear of it. Also Gooner was assholishly attacking me from the get go so a Lepanto never came up.

also back to the lepanto for a minute, goon and I never talked about it other than in the context of turkey's fear of it. Also Gooner was assholishly attacking me from the get go so a Lepanto never came up.

Lol I was wondering when you were going to bring it up. Based on conversations I had with Russia and Turkey, it seemed possible (not likely, but possible) that you were going to leave Trieste open F1901. As Italy, I feel like taking a stab (heh) at that is worth it every single time. You blamed me for years for "forcing you to make defensive moves over and over" when if you look at the map and our conversations, I never went aggressive against you once until Turkey hung me out to dry in 1904 in Greece. And the only reason that I went with Turkey and not you in the Balkans is because Russia crumbled early, leaving me a bad and a worse decision as to which of A/T was most likely to eat Russia and then consume me with the extra units gained from that. Turns out Turkey was an asshole and lied to me about helping me into Greece so I made the wrong call, but you kept making it out like I was in war mode with you from day 1 and never stopped, that was just not the case.

Gooner the question I was always wondering, which made me suspect Turkey was going to betray me for Italy in the mid game, is why Italy believed that Turkey was totally fine with Italy occupying Greece? Turkey was pretty obviously going all in on fleets, so he was bound to kick you out of Greece eventually. And moving to Serbia was certainly not going to work out long term. Maybe you thought you could go Greece to Serbia to Trieste, but it feels way simpler to just get Turkey to help you into Trieste, and if he's not willing to do it the simple way he's gonna stab you.

Lol I was wondering when you were going to bring it up. Based on conversations I had with Russia and Turkey, it seemed possible (not likely, but possible) that you were going to leave Trieste open F1901. As Italy, I feel like taking a stab (heh) at that is worth it every single time. You blamed me for years for "forcing you to make defensive moves over and over" when if you look at the map and our conversations, I never went aggressive against you once until Turkey hung me out to dry in 1904 in Greece. And the only reason that I went with Turkey and not you in the Balkans is because Russia crumbled early, leaving me a bad and a worse decision as to which of A/T was most likely to eat Russia and then consume me with the extra units gained from that. Turns out Turkey was an asshole and lied to me about helping me into Greece so I made the wrong call, but you kept making it out like I was in war mode with you from day 1 and never stopped, that was just not the case.
I mean of course I was leaving it open since I and A attacking each other in year 1 just kills them both.

Back