• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Diplomacy Game Thread - GAME OVER, GERMANY SOLO VICTORY

I mean of course I was leaving it open since I and A attacking each other in year 1 just kills them both.

you also completely refused to do anything anti-France early, and Italy can't really attack anything but A and F unless Lepanto, so what would you have me believe you would do as an ally lol.

Gooner the question I was always wondering, which made me suspect Turkey was going to betray me for Italy in the mid game, is why Italy believed that Turkey was totally fine with Italy occupying Greece? Turkey was pretty obviously going all in on fleets, so he was bound to kick you out of Greece eventually. And moving to Serbia was certainly not going to work out long term. Maybe you thought you could go Greece to Serbia to Trieste, but it feels way simpler to just get Turkey to help you into Trieste, and if he's not willing to do it the simple way he's gonna stab you.

Because Russia was dying so fast. I thought (wrongly) that Turkey would take advantage of a weak, collapsing Russia and take those centers, then either continue on through Scandinavia or go for Germany. Meanwhile I would control the sea, we would split the Austrian centers while Germany was killing England, and then we have an opportunity to move across the map in a manner that doesn't cause us any unnecessary issues.

As far as the Serbia move, the intent was for me to get Trieste, though as soon as I saw him move in behind me, I knew I was getting stabbed. I was fortunate that he miscalculated the number of my SCs.

you also completely refused to do anything anti-France early, and Italy can't really attack anything but A and F unless Lepanto, so what would you have me believe you would do as an ally lol.

Italy attacking France early is just about as suicidal as an all out war on Austria, but with the added disadvantage of it being totally telegraphed as you have to get a fleet into GoL to have any real chance of it working.

Because Russia was dying so fast. I thought (wrongly) that Turkey would take advantage of a weak, collapsing Russia and take those centers, then either continue on through Scandinavia or go for Germany. Meanwhile I would control the sea, we would split the Austrian centers while Germany was killing England, and then we have an opportunity to move across the map in a manner that doesn't cause us any unnecessary issues.

As far as the Serbia move, the intent was for me to get Trieste, though as soon as I saw him move in behind me, I knew I was getting stabbed.

Fair enough, although I was definitely in strong position to contest those Russian SCs. This game goes way differently had Austria informed you that we had a Central Powers alliance (the three of us) and it was unlikely that Turkey was going to stab me. Would have probably helped Austria survive longer too, although they would have had to have foreseen that Turkey/Germany were going to stab him.

I was fortunate that he miscalculated the number of my SCs.

lol same

Also, Toogs, why were you solely mad at Turkey and not me for the stab? He was the one that took your supply centers, but I intentionally bounced you in Galicia so that you couldn't get Warsaw and so that your units would end being destroyed. I both knew about the stab and actively helped plan it lol

Also, Toogs, why were you solely mad at Turkey and not me for the stab? He was the one that took your supply centers, but I intentionally bounced you in Galicia so that you couldn't get Warsaw and so that your units would end being destroyed. I both knew about the stab and actively helped plan it lol

Were you Germany?

I mean of course I was leaving it open since I and A attacking each other in year 1 just kills them both.

Yeah, if you can't leave Trieste open as Austria, you've pretty much ensured you won't make it to 1903 with anything more than a center or two.

I think I covered this: you played well. You didn't do anything anyone wanted you to do but got away with it. I blamed Turkey because his decision to stab me ended the game, giving you the solo or maybe a split with him. Killing me there was idiotic for anyone trying to actually win the game other than you.

This game is probably bogged down in a 4-way (possibly 5-way) if Turkey stabs Germany and not A/I, but I don't blame DV7 for going for it, especially since he was one more D14 mistake away from getting a really good shot at a win.

This game is probably bogged down in a 4-way (possibly 5-way) if Turkey stabs Germany and not A/I, but I don't blame DV7 for going for it, especially since he was one more D14 mistake away from getting a really good shot at a win.

I said this upthread but if T played ball with me it's A T G and it's still going.

I said this upthread but if T played ball with me it's A T G and it's still going.

Yeah this is probably true. But at the same time, I would have behaved very differently in the A/T/G alliance if I didn't believe Turkey was willing to stab Austria sometime down the line. That idea was put forth pretty early and a solid part of why I was willing to help in the ways that I did.

I'm sad now to know that I had "alliances" with multiple players that weren't actually alliances :(

Yeah this is probably true. But at the same time, I would have behaved very differently in the A/T/G alliance if I didn't believe Turkey was willing to stab Austria sometime down the line. That idea was put forth pretty early and a solid part of why I was willing to help in the ways that I did.

I mean the currently surviving players are ATG (probably with F on the ropes) not that the fauxliance would be intact. I never trusted either of you meant it; what I failed to understand was bitchmade Turk was playing for a 2way.

I'm sad now to know that I had "alliances" with multiple players that weren't actually alliances :(

You're the only player I don't think I ever had a real alliance with at some point in the game. Unless you count me using you to slow Turkey down as an alliance

Hey, I never turned on you, even though you broke our DMZ without notice and made me stab poor 03 instead of working with him against Germany. I mean, I was going to if Germany hadn't turned on me, but since that never happened...

Back