• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Diplomacy Game Thread - GAME OVER, GERMANY SOLO VICTORY

There was a vote to pause until tomorrow by Italy, if you go to the Status tab on the game, you can choose to accept or not. If it is not accepted, the deadline will process in about 2 hours.

Do you know if its just majority that need to accept or if it needs to be unanimous? I accepted but I'm assuming it won't happen if it needs to be unanimous.

Do you know if its just majority that need to accept or if it needs to be unanimous? I accepted but I'm assuming it won't happen if it needs to be unanimous.

That I don't know

Game settings worked to perfection, because it's a protected game and someone did not get orders in, the deadline extended 24 hours to tomorrow. Have a great rest of your holiday weekend everyone.

Hopefully whoever didn't get orders in is aware of that and understands that if it happens again it'll auto surrender them, which would be terrible for the game. But yeah, this works out.

So what happened?

Let's start in the east this time....

Congratulations, we have an Austria-Turkey alliance. While this seems like it would be great news for both, it's probably only great news for Turkey. Turkey gets another supply center and can consolidate its corner stronghold. If Turkey can hold Rumania (and it will need support from Austria or disinterest from Russia to do so), then it is in a very good position for 1903.

Austria: One alliance is better than none. If that was a prearranged bounce with Italy, then two is even better and Austria has a future. If Italy is actually fighting with Austria, then both are doomed. For the Fall, I'd imagine Austria will try to bounce the armies in Vienna to prevent Russia from grabbing Vienna or Budapest. However, one slightly hilarious move is if Russia supports Trieste-Vienna to prevent the bounce, allowing Italy's move into Trieste to succeed. As usual in 1902, lots of questions for Austria.

Italy: Where is your next supply center and do you have any true allies? Playing as Italy often feels like you're not really in the same game as everyone else. Italy has a few options currently. First, try to save Russia. Second, try to coax either Austria or Turkey away from the other. Third, if it believes it has a true ally, ignore the east and look at France. None of them are great. Such is life as Italy.

Russia: Remember the optimism of the build stage? That seems like a distant memory. Rumania is almost certainly gone. There's very little chance to pick up either Vienna or Budapest. Germany's fleet and army aren't just exploring the beautiful baltic region. And the one country that could be very helpful to you right now you just unsuccessfully attacked thanks to Germany.

In the west, Germany looks great. Germany and France appeared to have a little "can we trust each other?" test. Holland Hold, Belgium Hold, and Munich Hold all seem like the answer is yes. Germany cut Russia's ability to take Norway and will now probably take Sweden. Germany can also help out Austria by taking a stab at Warsaw.

France: The fleets are moving, Portugal is assured, and Germany seems like it can be trusted. All in all, looking like a pretty good 1902 for France. That English fleet in the channel isn't great, but England can't support it and Norway. Most likely, the Channel is France's after the Fall.

England: The good news is that it will almost certainly keep Norway. The bad news is it appears to have no allies and French fleets will be in England in 1903. It could appeal to Russia, but it will be tough to build up trust that quickly.

Thanks for the write-ups. Always cool to get an unbiased, though not fully informed, perspective.

Yes thank you WFU, these have been fun.

Thanks for the write-ups. Always cool to get an unbiased, though not fully informed, perspective.

That sounds bad. That wasn't what I intended. I just meant he doesn't have inside information for plans and discussions. 03 certainly knows the game in general.

It would be fun to be able to talk during these games in here, but obviously I get why we keep the countries anonymous. I have in my head who I think each country is though, so can’t wait to see if I’m right or wrong

I'm glad y'all are enjoying the write-ups. It's fun to see what it is possible to tell just by orders.

It would be fun to be able to talk during these games in here, but obviously I get why we keep the countries anonymous. I have in my head who I think each country is though, so can’t wait to see if I’m right or wrong

As a fun game, how about anyone who wants to PM their guess can then have proof of how right or wrong they were. Obviously, I won't share anything until the game is over.

As a fun game, how about anyone who wants to PM their guess can then have proof of how right or wrong they were. Obviously, I won't share anything until the game is over.

I like this, I sent you my guesses. I guess I'll find out in a month or whenever this game ends

Also there's two hours left until the next deadline

I don't even know what the final player roster ended up at. But if DV 7 is playing, I'm pretty sure I know who he is.

India. I'm going to make all you colonists pay for your crimes!

Oh, I guess not. So do we find a replacement now? How does this work?

Is finding a replacement even a real thing? How on earth do you jump into the middle of a game without knowing the state of alliances and all?

Toogs, to the bat phone please. Toogs, to the batphone.

Also this is why you all shouldn't be shitty. Looking directly at you, Austria. This is a learning experience and this game is complicated as shit.

Back