• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Diplomacy Game Thread - GAME OVER, GERMANY SOLO VICTORY

Gooner

Pit League Fantasy Football Commissioner
Reaction score
Hello all,

This will serve as a running game thread for the current Diplomacy game "Pit Diplomacy". I will update the thread title with phase reminders and use this as a place to follow along with the game.

Game number is 195205 for anyone who wants to follow the goings on.

Last edited:
A reminder that this game is anonymous so that we don't know who is which country. Please respect that and not reveal who is who if you are made aware at any point. Speculation is fair game.

I just confirmed, I'm in. So first deadline isn't for 48 hours?

I just confirmed, I'm in. So first deadline isn't for 48 hours?

Yeah, first order phase is always double the standard deadline I believe. If everyone finalizes their orders, though, the deadline will process.

Yeah, first order phase is always double the standard deadline I believe. If everyone finalizes their orders, though, the deadline will process.

I wasn't complaining, extra time to figure out what the hell I'm doing would be cool

Just a reminder to all that Spring 1901 orders are due by tomorrow morning at 11:42am Eastern

Just under 90 minutes to submit orders, reminder that you can finalize your orders before the deadline.

If we have an AFK, we can likely find an immediate substitute here + the game setup will extend the first deadline. Hopefully that is not the case.

I am stupid and cannot figure out how to finalize orders. So that's fun.

I use carrier pigeons. Unhackable.

Just don't shoot them down, plz and thx.

Because I missed signup, I'll just add some commentary on this game.

Looking at the west first, let's see what happened.

France: Maybe an alliance with England? Didn't even attempt for the channel. Odd that he didn't move the fleet to MAO though. Why would you voluntarily not take Portugal as France if you're not goign for the channel? The moves look aggressive toward Germany, but with England's moves, I'm not sure if an attack on Germany is in the cards. At the very least, France can guarantee Belgium (and piss off Germany).

England: WTF? Liverpool should never hold. Also, supporting the fleet into NTH makes no sense. This player doesn't know what they are doing.

Germany: An actual, reasonable opening. Will need to navigate with England, Russia, and France diplomatically in the fall. At least Austria and Italy behaved like they should. As with all Germany games, it could be a strong foundation for 1902 or a swift death.

Now to the east.

Russia: A fairly typical southern opening. Moderately aggressive toward Austria and Turkey, but the bounce in the Black Sea could just be for show. In fact, I'd imagine it is.

Turkey: Secures Bulgaria and makes it seem like there's beef with Russia. As I speculated above, I wouldn't really buy it if I were the other players. Greece should be interesting in the fall.

Austria: A nice aggressive opening for the county that often dies first. Unless it quickly figures out a way to make sure Russia is actually focused on Turkey and not it, it looks like it might die first this game as well. Perhaps Germany should threaten to bounce Russia in Sweden if team purple is considering heading to Vienna.

Italy: The Lepanto. It doesn't get any more standard than this. France clearly has nothing to worry about in the short term. Austria appears to have nothing to worry about either. That means Turkey should be chatting quit a bit with the Italians.

So, who's winning? No one. It's diplomacy.

Although England is losing.

I will, for one, enjoy the editorializing by W3 from the stands. He has a good mind for the game.

Under 30 min to get orders in and finalized

Back