Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pit Diplomacy Game Thread - GAME OVER, GERMANY SOLO VICTORY

Quote Originally Posted by deacon14 View Post
    I did support you into Venice tho. I just didn’t want to, and was going to support Italy immediately back in until France just made my winning as simple as possible
    I meant the first time when you got bounced in Pie

It made no sense to me why you cared about Pie/Mar when we had agreed it was mine. I even said, if you want Mar then I need Vie.

It's that turn that I should have stabbed you. Fall 07 I believe.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Quote Originally Posted by WFU03 View Post
    dv7, by the way, you have a tell on your messages when you lie. I remember seeing it before in a game with you when you did it this game. And no, I have no plans of telling you what it is.
    Then why didn't you warn France, Italy, and Austria, friend?
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    I meant the first time when you got bounced in Pie

It made no sense to me why you cared about Pie/Mar when we had agreed it was mine. I even said, if you want Mar then I need Vie.

It's that turn that I should have stabbed you. Fall 07 I believe.
    Yeah I guess. You couldn’t leave Trieste because you’d just taken it that turn, and taking Brest/Paris was going to be much easier if I had an army in Piedmont. So taking Venice that turn wasnt even all that feasible, and I don’t remember you even asking for it

you gonna make me look that shit up to convince myself I'm not going insane? jerk.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

you gonna make me look that shit up to convince myself I'm not going insane? jerk.
    I mean I guess you could have moved Trieste-Venice and filled a new army into Trieste, but asking me to support you into two SCs in one year seems like too much to expect out of the best of allies

shit. game just ended so cannot look up messages anymore

But I had armies in Tri/Bud/Ser. Could have backfilled Tri from Ser

Or supported Bud-Vie from Tri (should have done)

I know I asked you for support into Venice that turn tho, but you argued that if Italy used Rome to protect Ven that having your units in Pie/Tyr would guarantee me Ven next
    But you also kept talking about it opening up another front on France.

I'm just saying I should have trusted my read there instead of placating you when you were already in the ascendancy. Lesson learned.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

I mean I guess you could have moved Trieste-Venice and filled a new army into Trieste, but asking me to support you into two SCs in one year seems like too much to expect out of the best of allies
    Not one claiming they are looking for a 17/17

Which is my entire point of why I should have acted when I got the inkling that you weren't about it.

I never wavered from the 17/17 idea but that was a lot easier for me being the one chasing SCs.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Final Map:

DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Good game. I was Russia. Knew dv7 was Turkey from the opening message, figured he knew me as well.

Austria, what was the plan there in 1902? Turkey was clearly against you and I offered you the world…then you half stabbed me like two turns in a row. Just odd playing, IMO. Would love to hear your strategy there.

Dv7, we were never gonna workout bby. I was praying for you to be on the other side of the board from the start. Weeeee

D14, great stab. I never thought you’d come after Russia first. I committed that extra troop up north with England AFK and you had your way with my midsection.

Sorry for the lack on communication once my fate was sealed, was on family vacation those last few days.

Or supported Bud-Vie from Tri (should have done)
    I supported Vienna to hold with Bohemia that turn (because I thought you might do this) so that would have gone poorly for you.

Then why didn't you warn France, Italy, and Austria, friend?
    I wasn't sure I remembered correctly until after I saw your stab that you claim wasn't a stab.

Besides, I had to hope I was wrong. It's not like I had a lot of life left to live at that point.

I supported Vienna to hold with Bohemia that turn (because I thought you might do this) so that would have gone poorly for you.
    Perhaps, perhaps not. Would have signaled to the others I was ready to play ball. But they quit anyway.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Not one claiming they are looking for a 17/17

Which is my entire point of why I should have acted when I got the inkling that you weren't about it.

I never wavered from the 17/17 idea but that was a lot easier for me being the one chasing SCs.
    You realize 17/17 is a loss, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Screamindemon3 View Post
    Good game. I was Russia. Knew dv7 was Turkey from the opening message, figured he knew me as well.

Austria, what was the plan there in 1902? Turkey was clearly against you and I offered you the world…then you half stabbed me like two turns in a row. Just odd playing, IMO. Would love to hear your strategy there.

Dv7, we were never gonna workout bby. I was praying for you to be on the other side of the board from the start. Weeeee

D14, great stab. I never thought you’d come after Russia first. I committed that extra troop up north with England AFK and you had your way with my midsection.

Sorry for the lack on communication once my fate was sealed, was on family vacation those last few days.
    nahhhh I had you pegged as France, tbh.

loved the "ouchie ouchie my bum bum" message after I took Rum from you. Never would have happened if you didn't build that fucking fleet is Sev.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Quote Originally Posted by WFU03 View Post
    You realize 17/17 is a loss, right?
    it's not.

its a 2-way draw in a 7 person game. that isn't a loss for the 2.

it isn't even a loss when its a draw in a game between just 2 people/teams. its called a tie.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Oh, and I don't know if I've said it here but I definitely told Germany (d14) that it was a worthy, and well deserved, victory for him.

No complaints about him winning. He went that entire game without pissing anybody off or creating long-term enemies that could hurt him. A real knack for the game. Very impressive.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Final Map:

Ugh you and Germany should have left Albania and Wales the other color lol

I thought for sure DV7 was Austria so now I’m v curious who it was

I also thought DV7 was Austria. Was pretty sure 14 was Germany. Gooner was obviously Italy when cross referencing posts here with in game actions like the pause request.

I really hated that 03 joined the game. I hate even more that I stabbed him, regardless of the result. It hurt my heart.

I really want to know who Austria was. We almost had something worked out to take Munich, and it would have worked, except I thought Austria was too erratic to trust.

In another game I'm playing in, ya gotta admire the stones it took for France to send me the below message. This game has evolved into E/F vs A/R. I'm Austria and Russia has been my ally since turn 1.
    Here is the map heading into Fall 1905 moves. Russia is attacking Kiel to cut support and supporting me into Munich. He is going to follow into Ber from Prussia as well.

For anyone curious, this is where the quoted game stands after fall 1906.

When should I stab Russia? Now or after one more year of moving his fleet west?
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09