• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Diplomacy Game Thread - GAME OVER, GERMANY SOLO VICTORY

I apologize if this seriously screws anything up. I probably should have never signed up. I underestimated the amount of time given the extended deadlines and I really don’t need to deal with the hassle.

I apologize if this seriously screws anything up. I probably should have never signed up. I underestimated the amount of time given the extended deadlines and I really don’t need to deal with the hassle.

I don't think it really screws things up that much, understandable that you didn't realize the time commitment.

No worries, Cav. We will be able to find a replacement without too much trouble, totally get it.

Also, @WFU, now's your time to shine.

I just looked at the game.

lol, why on earth do you guys need a sub? England is fucking dead. France is a god damned behemoth WITH NAO. Couple that with Russia having Norway in 1902 with a two-northern fleet German is just fucking game over for England.

Games fucked; I'll play in the reroll.

I just looked at the game.

lol, why on earth do you guys need a sub? England is fucking dead. France is a god damned behemoth WITH NAO. Couple that with Russia having Norway in 1902 with a two-northern fleet German is just fucking game over for England.

Games fucked; I'll play in the reroll.

I mean yeah England is getting wrecked, but I assume that we need someone to fill in so that the rest of us can actually play this game out

I mean yeah England is getting wrecked, but I assume that we need someone to fill in so that the rest of us can actually play this game out

If a player withdraws, I think the bot just issues hold orders. I could be wrong, it's been years since I played.

If a player withdraws, I think the bot just issues hold orders. I could be wrong, it's been years since I played.

Sure, but if that happens France wipes England off the map much faster than if someone is playing as England, which obviously affects game dynamics. I totally understand not wanting to jump in as a sub for a country that has basically no winning chances though.

Sure, but if that happens France wipes England off the map much faster than if someone is playing as England, which obviously affects game dynamics. I totally understand not wanting to jump in as a sub for a country that has basically no winning chances though.

I wouldnt be so sure about that. Anyone assuming the role of England has to basically become a French vassal at this point ot have any hope at all (there is no hope).

If y'all want, I can take over England, but you'll lose the snarky commentary.

A few of you did send player guesses, but I would imagine the fact that I know who two countries are is more than counterbalanced by the fact that I would be starting with the worst position imaginable.

A few of you did send player guesses, but I would imagine the fact that I know who two countries are is more than counterbalanced by the fact that I would be starting with the worst position imaginable.

Also counterbalanced by the fact that we would know it was you and could communicate accordingly.

I suggest asking d06 to come back--I think the software supports that--and chalk his experience up to a learning experience. Hell if he joins France as a Janissary he might get into a draw or finish 2nd.

No thank you. Snark must continue.

I'm cool with WFU03 taking over England if he wants to, and I'm one of the people that he knows who I am

Anyway, if y'all want me to join, just send me a PM with how to do it. Just do it before the build phase so I could at least send a few messages and pretend like I'm playing Diplomacy. :)

I suggest asking d06 to come back--I think the software supports that--and chalk his experience up to a learning experience. Hell if he joins France as a Janissary he might get into a draw or finish 2nd.

I have no interest in coming back and the software made clear I could not rejoin the game.

So are we good to go with 03 as England?

Back