• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro I finally got away from basketball long enough to come watch my daughter’s coach pitch practice and I e already decided that I’m not gonna be crushed if she’s not into organized athletics.

Packed everything last night for the gym this morning. Woke up at 5:30. Got to the office at 6:10 only to learn the gym doesn’t open until 7.

Went to my first live concert in a 18 months last night - had a hell of a good time. Weather looked a little dicey, but it turned into a perfect night of music at Red Rocks. I'm fucking smoked though - stayed out/up past midnight every night this weekend and I'm clearly not built for that anymore.

Meme goes beyond the initial cartoon joke to take on more of a life of its own.

kory is recording this conversation for his research

Townie at a dance party:

E5aS45TUcAAerzn

I am this person. My wife hates me for it.

Wife: I enjoy this song.
Me: It's OK. It was better when it was XXX, performed by XXX, and released in May of XXXX.
Wife: Why can't you enjoy anything? What hurt you?

Well, good for you, you look happy and healthy, not me
If you ever cared to ask
Good for you, you're doin' great out there without me, baby
Like a damn sociopath
I've lost my mind, I've spent the night
Cryin' on the floor of my bathroom
But you're so unaffected, I really don't get it
But I guess good for you

I feel like townies the sociopath after reading those sheep questions

what distinguishes a meme from an internet cartoon?

Memes are adapted over time to adjust or even reinvent the original joke in new contexts. Like the Galaxy Brain meme, where people use the same image(s) but rewrite the words to fit their field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back