• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I’ve lived all over the country since leaving London in 1992. High school in NY, college at Wake, temp jobs in Oregon, Hawaii, and coastal NC, MS degree in Raleigh, PHD in Missouri, Post doc in Maryland, then 10 years in Alabama, now Florida.

other than alabama (obviously) i assume hawaii was your favorite?

are you just ignoring Florida? The Ohio of the South?

other than alabama (obviously) i assume hawaii was your favorite?

Hawaii is honestly depressing as a bird conservation person, but beautiful. In Coastal NC, I mostly lived on North Core Banks in Cape Lookout National Seashore. That was probably my favorite.

I just remembered my nephew and brother in law are staying with us tonight.

Might need to make this a late night at the office.

do people here like the Fast movies? no one I know IRL ever talks about them but they're clearly A Thing. I've only ever seen the original and it's hard to fathom how a movie about car racing and stopping some DVD thefts has evolved into 8 more movies the latest of which apparently has cars in space?

Same boat. I watched the first but, for some reason, i never watched any of the others. No real reason. I guess it did not really resonate with me since I don't remember anything about it. Once I was behind didn't feel the desire to catch up.

Same boat. I watched the first but, for some reason, i never watched any of the others. No real reason. I guess it did not really resonate with me since I don't remember anything about it. Once I was behind didn't feel the desire to catch up.

same here. my friend and I saw the first because we were in high school (middle school maybe even?) and we liked fast cars. no desire to see the sequel then it seems like the 4th or 5th movie sort of accelerated the series into where it is today.

do people here like the Fast movies? no one I know IRL ever talks about them but they're clearly A Thing. I've only ever seen the original and it's hard to fathom how a movie about car racing and stopping some DVD thefts has evolved into 8 more movies the latest of which apparently has cars in space?

I like them. I've come to love the absurdity of the stunts and plotlines. It's truly more comedy than action for me - can't really explain it other than that.

If you see a tree lying across the road, you should just drive into it because the canopy is like 90% air and you might go right through like a golf ball.

Yes they are great. They really lean into the absurdity starting with the fifth one and it’s just pure unadulterated entertainment uncompromising by any plot constraints.

We watched Fast and Furious (#4) last night, great film, would recommend. They up the ante each movie, as the stakes go up, so does the entertainment value. The dialog stays hilarious, the acting and guest stars too. Just pure entertainment.

I live my life a quarter mile at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back