• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
do people here like the Fast movies? no one I know IRL ever talks about them but they're clearly A Thing. I've only ever seen the original and it's hard to fathom how a movie about car racing and stopping some DVD thefts has evolved into 8 more movies the latest of which apparently has cars in space?

Nope. Never watched one. In an era of climate change I find it hard to support a series of films essentially about wasting gas. Having said that self righteous bullshit, I will admit to rewatching and loving Talladega Nights this week.

Nope. Never watched one. In an era of climate change I find it hard to support a series of films essentially about wasting gas. Having said that self righteous bullshit, I will admit to rewatching and loving Talladega Nights this week.

I'm very glad you followed with this, because the first sentence made me throw up in my mouth

the movies aren't even really about driving the cars

they're about family, and the lengths you would go to protect it

the cars are just the _vehicles_ for advancing the plot

they just seem like the Marvel movies in that it's gone on long enough with so many of them I haven't seen that it's just not worth the effort. think the last Marvel movie I saw was Black Panther and before that Avengers Age of Ultron.

Townie is also the only person to have the complete Fast and Furious franchise soundtrack on vinyl.

First time back dining at my local Panera Bread since the pandemic. About the same but they’ve added a homeless lady who wants to talk to you while you’re eating. The salads also seem smaller. Is there a romaine shortage ?

Another vote for fast & furious. It's so stupid that its hilarious and awesome. The latest one was great, including the ridiculous giant magnets and cars in space.

Afbs5wI.jpeg

I didn’t know anyone in real life who was a F&F fan until finding out one of our friends loves them not ironically and has the entire DVD box set.

I saw Tokyo Drift one time on HBO and that’s it. (Yes, I know that’s the least F&F of all the films)

The Dom family memes are hilarious.

Was Paul Walker the main star before his death or was he playing support to Vin Diesel the entire time?

I still can't believe that Vin Diesel played Caparzo in Saving Private Ryan.

Vin Diesel made $55 Million last year - good enough for 5th highest paid actor, according to Forbes.

He wasn't terrible. That movie was fucking amazing.

He was actually real good. Everyone was good to amazing in that movie. (We talked about it in the chat thread a few weeks ago cause it was briefly available on net flicks)

We’ve probably discussed this before, but how much $$$ would it take for you to never work a paying job again? I want to say $10m but that seems low considering a house, car, etc.

We’ve probably discussed this before, but how much $$$ would it take for you to never work a paying job again? I want to say $10m but that seems low considering a house, car, etc.

Yeah I think if I have nothing but time for travel, going to a vacation home, etc that won’t cut it.

y'all can't make $10 mil work? Damn. I'm considering retiring once I hit like $3 mil

He was actually real good. Everyone was good to amazing in that movie. (We talked about it in the chat thread a few weeks ago cause it was briefly available on net flicks)

Everyone except Upham. One of my most hated characters in any movie. However, that's probably exactly how you're supposed to feel, which means the actor did an awesome job. Also, I would have probably been just as big of a pussy as Upham had I been in WWII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back