• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve got a couple of couches. Can you guess wheee I sleep ?

giphy.gif

Been out of pocket for most of the last month, why aren't y'all chatting anymore????

I had a trial crawl in my ass and set up shop for about three weeks.

Just pled out though, so fuck yeah, boards again! Well...any after I finish clearing out the backlog of the last three weeks of everything else I ignored.

I had a trial crawl in my ass and set up shop for about three weeks.

Just pled out though, so fuck yeah, boards again! Well...any after I finish clearing out the backlog of the last three weeks of everything else I ignored.

I feel you dude. Although last week we are at the beach the whole time, which was sweet. Before that I had two weeks of virtual professional development.

Looking forward to a month with very little (non-parental) commitments and responsibility. Although my son's first birthday party is on Saturday and my wife already has a list of like 15 things I have to do before then. Just ordered some Chick-Fil-a catering! One item down.

I cooked for 30-40 people for our sons first birthday.

Chik Fil A sounds like a better deal.

Our son has picked a very inopportune time to stop sleeping and staying in his bed.

I cooked for 30-40 people for our sons first birthday.

Chik Fil A sounds like a better deal.

Dear god, no. We had an outdoor get together with four other families for my birthday in May and I volunteered to grill burgers and dogs. I gotta distracted, my buddy who was also manning the grill got drunk, and the food was late coming out. Something that would have never matter before we had kids and hosted other families with kids, therefore the urgency never occurred to me.

So for better or worse (better, its better) I think we will be at least semi-catering future events at our home.

Also this one is a brunch and is berry themed, because my boy freaking loves berries. But we're doing chicken and waffles too (which he also devours), hence the Chick-Fil-A order. We're also getting a big jog of coffee. The waffles can be toasted beforehand and even I can't fuck that up.

Last edited:
The last week we rented a house on Folly in Charleston and it was great. I'd never spent much time on the island, even when I lived in Mount Pleasant for a year, but its a great place to spend a week. The beaches down on our end were chill and the 2 mile ride into a nice town area was every easy, particularly on the golf cart my brother rented.

Anyways we started talking and were curious about if we could, as a family, ever afford a place on the island. I went to Zillow and everything (including run down shacks) were a 1M+, except for studio apartments which ranged from $50-75K. That seemed strange, so I then looked closer and realized that they were actually boat skiffs, which were being sold using the lowest classification available on Zillow, studio apartments.

So you have pay $75K for the right to park your boat on Folly.

Sadly we will not be buying a house there, ever.

Yeah, just get a couple of cheap pizzas or a pile of Chik-fil-A nuggets and let the kids go to town. There is no enjoyment in cooking hamburgers for kids who are going to eat two bites and throw them away.

this whole CANCELLING of Internet Explorer is disrupting my whole life right now

Since our son is a December baby, for his 1st bday we just had my mom over last year and Zoomed other people. I guess we're going to have to look into doing early Dec parties for him since his actual bday is only a week out from Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back