• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have a TJ's in the neighborhood, so I go all the time

would not if I could not get there via non-car method

Costco is the only grocery spot I drive to

Still using Imperfect Foods for 90% of my grocery shopping

Augment with farmers market for bread and cheese and produce

Specialty stores for specialty stuff

Also been cutting costs quite a bit now paying for childcare so instead of ordering nice pizza 4x a month at like $50 a pop, getting it once a month and making our own or even frozen pizza from Safeway at 3/$10 has been the move to save > $100 a month lol.

Maybe supplement, not augment? Either way

Also cancelled a bunch of streaming services and decided to focus on one at a time and went quality over quantity. Currently trying to get through the a24 catalog which is keeping me busy without needing Netflix or Hulu or a bunch of others for the time being.

It’s crazy how many subscription services we racked up without paying attention bc they were $5-$10 a month

Also cancelled a bunch of streaming services and decided to focus on one at a time and went quality over quantity. Currently trying to get through the a24 catalog which is keeping me busy without needing Netflix or Hulu or a bunch of others for the time being.

It’s crazy how many subscription services we racked up without paying attention bc they were $5-$10 a month

yeah it's real dumb. we have HBO Max as part of my AT&T phone plan, but I wonder how long that will last since AT&T sold off Warner Media. Also have AppleTV+ by virtue of the free year with iPhone. Just got a new work iPhone so will claim that again to essentially give us another 6 months on top of the first 12 I got with my personal iPhone. but that benefit is going away as well.

does a24 have its own streaming service?

Townie how do you like Imperfect Foods? I assume it’s fine since you’re still using it, but anything stand out one way or another?

I am not into Trader Joe's. I also don't buy frozen food. When we need a quick easy meal we go to a restaurant.

I shop at Harris Teeter. I do not go to Publix or Whole Foods. Food Lion is for hicks. Costco is for people with oversized pantries and four kids.

My wife switched from TMobile to Verizon and it comes with free Disney + and Hulu and something else that we were already paying for. I'm imagining it's going to take a week for me to figure out how to cancel my old subscription and setup the new one on all my devices.

i share so many accounts with so many people, mostly family

don't know what I'd actually pay for if I had to pay full freight for each service

Townie how do you like Imperfect Foods? I assume it’s fine since you’re still using it, but anything stand out one way or another?

I like it for its mission more than the actual product being superb

There are hardly any imperfections in the actual food quality fwiw, and it does sometimes offer savings over the store

Mostly I liked it during pandemic as a delivery service and now I keep it for the convenience

Pay for:

Hulu
Netflix
Amazon Prime (but that's obviously just a small part of the membership)
Disney+ (a 3-year plan split 5 ways, so not much)
HBO Max (as part of AT&T plan)

Don't pay for:

Discovery+ (use friend's who got it free from Verizon)
Peacock (same friend's)

Have done some free trials of Paramount/CBS to get Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back