• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juice just ate at Gibsons. Am I doing the white boy consultant Chicago thing right or what?

+1 for billy strings

Hell yeah. Going to two nights of his Asheville Halloween run, but missing the actual Halloween show. His Halloween 2019 show at the Orange Peel is the last concert I went to. Amazing that he played there a couple of years ago and now he’s selling out a three night run at the civic center in a matter of minutes.

This bill kreutzman band with Billy strings as rockin

Yeah they’re great. Some of the best Post-Jerry Dead. Can’t wait for 2 nights of JRAD in September.

I just got back from Antigua and the lack of cruise ships and reduced flight schedules made the trip 100 times better. One of our drivers said that in a normal week during normal times they would get between 500-600,000 cruise ships passengers. Like fuck that.

Hell yeah. Going to two nights of his Asheville Halloween run, but missing the actual Halloween show. His Halloween 2019 show at the Orange Peel is the last concert I went to. Amazing that he played there a couple of years ago and now he’s selling out a three night run at the civic center in a matter of minutes.

Nice. He’s playing at a festival in Montana this weekend that I was going to go last year but Covid. They were able to get nearly an identical lineup this year. Sad I couldn’t swing it.

Am I only the only one that hates resorts? I've only been to the Bahamas in the Caribbean but that idea that pretty much everywhere else is just an island with resorts and maybe a market or two just turns me off. It is why I insisted on Colombia (where we went and was super dope) or somewhere else in South America for our honeymoon. I get bored sitting on a beach after about three hours. If I'm going to shell out thousands of dollars I want to see and do unique and cool shit.

Am I only the only one that hates resorts? I've only been to the Bahamas in the Caribbean but that idea that pretty much everywhere else is just an island with resorts and maybe a market or two just turns me off. It is why I insisted on Colombia (where we went and was super dope) or somewhere else in South America for our honeymoon. I get bored sitting on a beach after about three hours. If I'm going to shell out thousands of dollars I want to see and do unique and cool shit.

fortunately, there are places on Earth where you can do both unique and cool shit and then crash at a nice, vanilla resort. In general, going to Mexico or the Caribbean and staying in a walled garden resort that is basically just a US hotel chain is a little strange to me.

At this point in my life, I shell out thousands of dollars to do NOTHING.

fortunately, there are places on Earth where you can do both unique and cool shit and then crash at a nice, vanilla resort

Nah man I've got to be in the action. To clarify I need urban lifestyle and historical relevance. Although my wife and I did go to Belize when we first started dating, which was cool and just involved island hopping, boats, snorkeling and going to beach bars. But we were staying at a motel, not a resort!

Now that is a fair point. I did just sit on a beach last week, while occasionally driving a golf cart into town for food and drinks, and that was dope. But we were staying at little beach bungalow, which made it seem much cooler. Resorts are the buffets of vacation.

0qjcqvu3r8771.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back