• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you need to reevaluate your life if you’re still using yahoo for anything other than a burner email and/or fantasy football.

As I said the last time one of you young bucks made a comment, gmail is absolute garbage. You can't even sort by sender, how is it possible for an email platform to not allow this.

what is this pressing use case you have for sorting by sender?

Not sure if you know this but there’s also a search function

Show of hands, how many people are doing or have done 529s for their offspring?

This guy. I talked to our financial banker guy and he informed that NC has one of the better 529 plans and we went through the state website and it was super easy.

also thx to juice for pointing me in the direction of a good housing policy organization to support in DC, big things coming to a head recently

Bro there are entirely too many grown ass women in princess dresses without kids walking around Disney World.

I'm not. For me, I'm not entirely worried about paying for school, but I am worried about the restrictions that a 529 puts on the money in a world where I don't even fucking know what college admissions or reality looks like 10 years from now. It's just too uncertain for me to justify.

We set one up for our son here in SC. With the untaxed growth and state income tax deduction, plus our timeline, it made more sense than investing on our own.

I've got them for each of my children. Setting them up was part of my divorce settlement. We each had to establish an account for each kid and then contribute the max allowable for a certain number of years.

juice we could take this to the tunnels, but i'm interested in your take on Build First for rehousing ppl in unsuitable public housing

https://dcist.com/story/21/06/23/bowser-pledges-money-to-develop-park-morton-in-about-face/

Park Morton is about five blocks from me, and I see just about all sides of arguments here about what the right thing is for remaining residents. I'll be bummed to lose a park with nice facilities, but glad it's being used to rehouse people in what are truly awful conditions.

Somehow a large portion of my sent emails disappeared from Outlook yesterday. I guess I was mistakenly unworried about being able to retrieve them from the company where my email originates. Then they said they didn't have them. This puzzled me.

Was I wrong to think that if XYZ company provides your email for godeacs@ogb.com that they would have all the emails even if they are forwarded to Outlook or sent through Outlook with godeacs@ogb.com as the sending address through Outlook from the email?

Isn't underlying service through them?

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back