• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I cant believe it took me over a year to realize when I work from home I dont need to wear a shirt. Gamechanger

We've been grilling a lot of pizzas lately, but I still use the fresh dough from whole foods rather than make my own. I need to find a dough recipe that I like that and that's not too much of a pain in the ass. It's cray how different a lot of recipes are.

Tell me about grilling pizza. Gas or charcoal grill? Gimme some instructions.

mom got us a Kitchen Helper for our son which he loves. we put him in there when cooking dinner/cleaning the kitchen and he enjoys watching us work. I babyproofed the kitchen cabinets recently but left one cabinet open for him and put a bunch of random crap in there like solo cups, tupperware, paper plates, some silicone measuring cups we never use, etc. it's right across from the fridge and we put some magnets down below he can play with.

Oh yeah, we've got one of those, too - a Learning Tower. A+ recommend, though ours is a huge pain in the butt in terms of how much room it takes up. Whatever, just a phase. Not permanent.

We did get a Nugget couch, which we also don't really have 'room' for from a true design sense, but holy crap she LOOOOOVES it. So do we. It was a total godsend this weekend/any time we can't go outside to play.

we just got a step stool and our kid fell off of it like one time in the 3+ years she's been using (she's 5 now) it so, i dunno. those things are fucking enormous.

Oh yeah, we've got one of those, too - a Learning Tower. A+ recommend, though ours is a huge pain in the butt in terms of how much room it takes up. Whatever, just a phase. Not permanent.

We did get a Nugget couch, which we also don't really have 'room' for from a true design sense, but holy crap she LOOOOOVES it. So do we. It was a total godsend this weekend/any time we can't go outside to play.

https://www.refinery29.com/amp/en-us/2021/02/10254737/nugget-after-dark-tiktok

Tell me about grilling pizza. Gas or charcoal grill? Gimme some instructions.

Mine's gas. I have a pizza rack that came with the grill that works great. I preheat the grill and the rack to as hot as it can go (my grill can get upwards of 950F, so pretty fucking hot). I just roll out the dough onto parchment paper that has some cornmeal sprinkled on it, and then top it with whatever I'm using that night. Then I open the grill, slide the parchment paper onto the grill rack, turn down to low, cover, and let it go for 5 mins. Then I slide out the parchment paper (it's not as hard as it sounds, and often times it's pretty well burnt to a crisp so it just kind of floats away when I use a spatula to lift up the dough), pop any big bubbles, and then let it go another 4 mins or so. Turns out pretty great most nights.

Chat Thread CCXLIV: HOT DEAC SUMMER

The craziness around the Nugget is a little bonkers to me because they are based here in Durham, and before they blew up I was able to just drive down to their warehouse to pick up some extra covers we had ordered.

Last edited:
Mine's gas. I have a pizza rack that came with the grill that works great. I preheat the grill and the rack to as hot as it can go (my grill can get upwards of 950F, so pretty fucking hot). I just roll out the dough onto parchment paper that has some cornmeal sprinkled on it, and then top it with whatever I'm using that night. Then I open the grill, slide the parchment paper onto the grill rack, turn down to low, cover, and let it go for 5 mins. Then I slide out the parchment paper (it's not as hard as it sounds, and often times it's pretty well burnt to a crisp so it just kind of floats away when I use a spatula to lift up the dough), pop any big bubbles, and then let it go another 4 mins or so. Turns out pretty great most nights.

Cool, thanks. Do you make the dough pretty thin? Or can you do thicker crust?

we just got a step stool and our kid fell off of it like one time in the 3+ years she's been using (she's 5 now) it so, i dunno. those things are fucking enormous.

We have a couple step stools floating around that I swear can move themselves right under my feet. But because they’re sort of rickety wood they make a really satisfying loud bang when I kick them across the floor.

I mean, we have a step stool, too. What I do like about the tower, though, is that when she was too small to get up/down from it herself (ours has railing on all sides, not the kind that is basically a stepstool with a top railing on 3 sides) we could just put her in there and she was contained and content because she could see what we were doing. Basically a play pen, but not (never had one of those). Plus, the platform of it can adjust to different heights so she's always at the 'right' height for her at the counter.

Probably wouldn't have paid for one like this ourselves, but this was a pass-down and we were glad to receive it.

I mean, we have a step stool, too. What I do like about the tower, though, is that when she was too small to get up/down from it herself (ours has railing on all sides, not the kind that is basically a stepstool with a top railing on 3 sides) we could just put her in there and she was contained and content because she could see what we were doing. Basically a play pen, but not (never had one of those). Plus, the platform of it can adjust to different heights so she's always at the 'right' height for her at the counter.

Probably wouldn't have paid for one like this ourselves, but this was a pass-down and we were glad to receive it.

yep. we still have the netting up on two sides to keep him contained because otherwise he'll be off. our kitchen is separate from the living room so can't fully keep an eye on him. our niece is a year older than him and she freely gets in and out of hers, but she's more controllable and will listen to instructions. not so much with our guy yet.

I realize this is true of every generation ever, but the things they have for kids these days, man...

I've only been to trader joes like a couple of times in my life.

First time in college on a track trip when the weird West Coast people insisted we stop the bus. Then a couple of times in DC. I'm sure it's just fine

Cool, thanks. Do you make the dough pretty thin? Or can you do thicker crust?

I think it depends on the dough you're using. The dough I use tends to poof up pretty good but I think you could do any style you wanted.

these are delicious

tjoessublimeicecreamsandwich01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back