• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
do anti-pickle people hate vinegar in general? I have a friend who is agains anything vinegary and any white sauces (mayo, ranch, sour cream, etc).

I'm not against vinegar, just pickles. Balsamic vingar is one of the best flavors around. I'm not certain why, but I suspect it is because when I was a kid my cousin was trying to gross me out and he tried putting a whole, huge, pickle in his mouth, but he gagged and then puked. I have a psychological revulsion to them.

do anti-pickle people hate vinegar in general? I have a friend who is agains anything vinegary and any white sauces (mayo, ranch, sour cream, etc).

Who hates ranch wtf

I am all aboard the pickle hate train, tho. I don’t love mayo, and won’t use it as a condiment but will use it as a base for a sauce or something.

We have started doing our own pickles, and I even planted cucumbers in my garden so I can grow my own and pickle them myself. This is the suburban American life that I missed and I can not be more excited. The pickling starter kicks are cheap and easy. I really recommend.

We did this a few times with the kids during the pandemic. I acquired fresh horseraddish root and added that in with the brine. I still can bust a nut to the thought of how those things tasted.

Birdman, you would love Disney. Shittons of birds here.

I miss the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom. It’s good stuff. No idea what it’s like post-COVID.

I miss the Lion King show at Animal Kingdom. It’s good stuff. No idea what it’s like post-COVID.

Ph, Disney opening at full capacity yet not reopening fast pass or about half of the shows has really killed a lot of the Disney magic for me.

I similarly hate pickles and feel the same way about CFA sandwiches with pickle juices.

However, I did pickle some cucumbers from our garden for my wife that she says are good.

I make an exception for good crunchy pickles that have just started the pickling process.

I similarly hate pickles and feel the same way about CFA sandwiches with pickle juices.

However, I did pickle some cucumbers from our garden for my wife that she says are good.

I make an exception for good crunchy pickles that have just started the pickling process.

Please tell me about your meat.

I get this to an extent but the tax free growth and withdrawals is pretty sweet. I figure there’s a near certainty I’ll be paying something for college. So I’ll fund the 529s to a certain point then stop. If for some reason there’s still leftover I can change the beneficiary and leave the funds in there indefinitely.

You also have tax free growth and withdrawals (of contributions at any time) in a Roth IRA as well.....and you can spend that money on stuff unrelated to school/education costs. When the NC legislature did away with the tax deduction for NC 529 contributions a few years ago, made it an easy call to stop contributing to that account and put that extra money in a Roth instead.

Do you all think it is dangerous/dumb to teach a 12 year old how to use a Hustler ride on mower (link) and then pay her to mow the horse pastures?

Grillo's Pickles, Pickle Spears, Classic Dill, Hot available at Publix. They are *barely* pickled and have some pretty good heat. Love em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back