• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a daughter while I'm still young
I want to hold her hand and show her some beauty before the damage is done
But if it's too much to ask if it's too much to ask
Send me a son

Sounds like the people we are working with may start on our patio/fire pit project as soon as this week. Pumped to have it finished as we hit Labor Day and the fall months.

Sounds like the people we are working with may start on our patio/fire pit project as soon as this week. Pumped to have it finished as we hit Labor Day and the fall months.

I contracted with a pool company over a year ago for a pool, patio and firepit and they told us it would be a 10 month wait before they started work. As of last week we are still 8th on the wait list and that they probably won't break ground until September ... sucks.

I contracted with a pool company over a year ago for a pool, patio and firepit and they told us it would be a 10 month wait before they started work. As of last week we are still 8th on the wait list and that they probably won't break ground until September ... sucks.

Yeah it is insane. Some companies have so much business they literally didn’t even bother to respond. We first met with this guy all the way back in March so have been in the queue for awhile.

Officially a girl dad. Baby Girl born at 2:07 AM. Mom and baby doing great.

The whole “no visitors” because of Covid thing is kind of nice.

Strap the fuck in, hoss. I've got 3 boys and 1 girl. It'd be easier if I had just 5 boys.

Anyone have a good WiFi extender recommendation? Our main router covers our house really well but want more reach to the backyard.

Anyone have a good WiFi extender recommendation? Our main router covers our house really well but want more reach to the backyard.

There's a thread on this. I can't remember if it's the DIY thread or not.

Oddly enough, ours was just completed yesterday. Got ~450 sq feet and a nice big fire pit done in 2 days. Feeling #blessed we only had to wait 2 more months than quoted. Also, got super lucky the contractor was a friend of a friend who is swamped with commercial business and squeezes in a few residential referrals when he can. Paid barely over 50% of the cheaper of the initial two quotes we received. Now I get the joy of landscaping it.

Nothin' like a chicken bacon croissant and Powerade from your local Dunkin Donuts while meeting your attorneys lol

grats cav!

we are a little over 5 weeks in with our first (a boy) and it has been a roller coaster

we got our patio/fire pit done as part of our construction process and I am super happy w/ the way it turned out.. finally got a fence built around the backyard last week (3 weeks ahead of schedule, we'd originally contracted w/ them back in May I think) and that is going to be a game changer w/ the dogs

Think I might’ve had the worst person next to me on my second flight. He was incredibly needy to the flight attendants then he whips out a bucket of hot wings and goes to town on them, stinking up the whole area of the plane. Had his arm all up in my space and sat spread eagle the whole flight. Then when we land he was incredibly antsy to get off and asked if I could move and I’m just sitting there like buddy that’s not how planes work but ok. He got two rows up before he got blocked which was nice to see.

Hot wings on a plane are definitely on the no-go list of airplane foods. Any sort of fish or hardboiled eggs would likely be at/near the top.

Had a dude almost die on the plane back from SLC last month. He was a double amputee (I think veteran) in first class and was out cold. They had to bring out the AED and pumped him full of a ton of oxygen. Plane started descending rapidly towards Wichita/KC for an emergency landing, but a doctor and 2 nurses on board helped the FAs get him stabilized and laid him flat in the front galley for the rest of the way back to CLT. FA said (probably shouldn't have said) that he was a day or two late for his dialysis, so Kidney failure was almost assuredly the cause. I felt helpless and wanted to help somehow (WTF was I going to do), and then felt bad that I was later annoyed that the FAs quit serving booze for the duration of the flight. I think they would have had record sales after everyone witnessed what happened.

Guess what, if you're landing at a hub, damn near everyone has a connecting flight, and every person on the plane is in a hurry whether they do or not. Wait your turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back