• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
family bought Bubly on vacation last week and I kept drinking them because they were there

My parents spent about two years touring various golf communities in the Southeast. We tagged along for a few of those trips and it’s a life I could enjoy.

yeah, it seems like most of the places they let you stay for a few days to check out the community/amenities? That'd be pretty dope.

In college, we spent spring break at this one there just skeet shooting and chilling at his estate and playing quarters on the giant marble kitchen island. Place had like a 2BR guest house, and another guest suite over the detached garage for a large group of spring breakers. Fairly sure Oprah had a house there

https://fordfieldandriverclub.com/lifestyle/#shooting-sports/

Gonna need to be a bit more specific here given the sheer number of options - mountain, city, or coast? Since we were talking about the coast, Kiawah (the resort or probably even more so the Kiawah Island Club) and Eagle Point (outside of Wilmington) would probably be the best two elite country club options IMHO. Other good/great coastal options I can think of: The Reserve or DeBordieu (Pawleys), Sea Pines or Long Cove (Hilton Head), or Sea Island (GA). Tons more.

I believe coast, although I could dig the mountains, I just think more of what I'm looking for would be on the coast. Mainly if I were gonna move there, I'd know no one. So would want a place with a good social scene. I'd probably be prioritizing amenities (and not just the best of the best golf courses). It looks like most the high end ones have tennis/pickleball/equestrian (not sure I'd care)/some sort of skeet shooting, and a decent nature hiking/walking trail. I'd probably be on the lookout for some added things on top of that like racquetball/squash, maybe an on site bowling alley, etc. just the little extras. But really, might be looking for size if the goal would be to meet new people, etc. So maybe a community with multiple golf courses, etc.

yeah, it seems like most of the places they let you stay for a few days to check out the community/amenities? That'd be pretty dope.

Yeah. Most offer Stay and Play packages as long as you meet with a realtor.

I played golf with my dad at one in SC that had the nicest golf locker room I’d ever been inside. It actually reminded me of the locker room in the Country Club from Season One of Outer Banks when JJ crashes the Midsummers party.

Also, it’s not even filmed on the Outer Banks. The hotel in Mt Pleasant my wife frequents for work is right near one of their main film locations. Some of the country club scenes are blatantly at Kiawah.

Yeah, it was pretty easy to spot right away (even if I didn't know ahead of time that it was filmed in the Charleston area when the NC legislature pulled all the film incentives a few years ago). One of the scenes where Pope gets jumped delivering groceries is filmed right in front of the back tee box on #13 at the Ocean Course (in addition to the Ocean Course clubhouse scenes mentioned earlier, during the country club party).

Because I gave up soda a while back, I crush the seltzers these days...

Good:
Waterloo

Tolerable:
Aha
Bubly
Polar

I'd rather drink warm piss:
LaCroix
Spindrift

And I've said it before, but Topo Chico water is good. Topo Chico hard seltzers are not (at least, in my opinion). Topo Chico water is Coca-Cola. Topo Chico hard seltzer is Molson Coors, who licensed the brand from Coca-Cola, but isn't using the same water. So you aren't drinking an alcoholic Topo Chico... You are drinking something else entirely that just paid to use the name.

Molson Coors also makes Vizzy, who cares? It isn't beer, the producer being some macro brewery could not matter less.

Still, I think the top tier hard seltzers are the ones good breweries make--i like the mas agave from founders and fruit smash from new belgium.

I like the Topo hard seltzers a lot more than others I've tried. Not too sweet. The best one I've tried is Fruit Smash, made by New Belgium. Edited to say I did not read Townie's comment first, it's just kismet.

I also love Spindrift though.

Last edited:
What do your husbands drink while y'all are drinking all these seltzers ?

Because I gave up soda a while back, I crush the seltzers these days...

Good:
Waterloo

Tolerable:
Aha
Bubly
Polar

I'd rather drink warm piss:
LaCroix
Spindrift

And I've said it before, but Topo Chico water is good. Topo Chico hard seltzers are not (at least, in my opinion). Topo Chico water is Coca-Cola. Topo Chico hard seltzer is Molson Coors, who licensed the brand from Coca-Cola, but isn't using the same water. So you aren't drinking an alcoholic Topo Chico... You are drinking something else entirely that just paid to use the name.

Do you prefer orange juice from concentrate? Do you also prefer fake cherry/grape flavor over cherries & grapes? Preferring any of the bullshit flavoring they use to real juice is a head scratcher.

Also wanted to note that the Aha Black Cherry Coffee seltzer water with caffeine is the boobs.

Molson Coors also makes Vizzy, who cares? It isn't beer, the producer being some macro brewery could not matter less.

Still, I think the top tier hard seltzers are the ones good breweries make--i like the mas agave from founders and fruit smash from new belgium.

Wild Basin from Oskar Blues is another S tier seltzer

Do you prefer orange juice from concentrate? Do you also prefer fake cherry/grape flavor over cherries & grapes? Preferring any of the bullshit flavoring they use to real juice is a head scratcher.

The heart wants what the heart wants...

Or in this case, my taste buds.

Yeah, I may be weird. That's OK. It's just an opinion.

My issue isn't with Molson Coors (or any huge company). That wasn't my point at all.

I'm just saying that if you like Topo Chico water (Coca-Cola), that isn't going to be the same as Topo Chico hard seltzer (Molson Coors). The two products have nothing to do with each other, aside from brand/labeling.

And beyond that, I just didn't like the Topo Chico hard seltzer. Got the variety pack... two good flavors and two terrible flavors. Having said that, I'd still drink them if they were around. I'm just on the hunt for something I like better. Vizzy is next on my list to try.

Biff’s delicate sensibilities get violated very easily

There is some amount of "Where/when I grew up that's just the way we talked" that has to be permitted, but using the "F-slur" as a 50 year old in 2021 is pretty gay fucked up.

Defending it by saying “but I made this joke in a movie 18 years ago” is hilariously stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back