• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bmoney, I need your help bro

How old do we think cville is?

For the longest time I just kinda assumed he was 40s Gen Xer type. But two recent posts make me think he might be more like 65-70. One was posting about a 6 AM tee time, and another one was a reference to something from early 60s tv.

Need your sleuthing

on it fam

I’m absolutely terrified of roller coasters. I know it’s super beta but it is what it is.

I don't like them, but not because I am scared, because they make me dizzy as fuck. I did the old dragon slayer harry potter roller coaster at Universal a few years back and I had to sit on a bench for about 15 minutes afterward to get my bearings.

Yeah, now that I'm older I can only handle so much roller coaster riding. It never really hit me before, but a few years ago we went to Disney and Universal. On our last day at Universal I got the spins after riding roller coaster where you get to pick your own music and one of the VR rides. I thought I was going to puke my brains out and fall over.

on it fam

I mean let’s make it easy he doesn’t get his NFL news from tweets but instead apparently watches 3+ hours of the NFL network, reads the local sports section of a newspaper, and refers to almost every athlete with some not very funny nickname, so start your age estimate with that.

Yeah, now that I'm older I can only handle so much roller coaster riding. It never really hit me before, but a few years ago we went to Disney and Universal. On our last day at Universal I got the spins after riding roller coaster where you get to pick your own music and one of the VR rides. I thought I was going to puke my brains out and fall over.

The Universal studios transformer virtual rollercoaster thing really mess up my head.

The Universal studios transformer virtual rollercoaster thing really mess up my head.

Motion rides.

The first time we went to Universal, we went all out and rode everything in two days. My wife and I felt like we had been in a blender from all the motion rides.

Roller coasters only bother me if I ride too many in a short period of time or over the course of a day. Two years ago, we went to Carowinds with another family. We rode a bunch of rides, some two or three times. At the end of the day, my son and his friend wanted to ride Carolina Cyclone. My body was done but they wanted me to ride with them, so I did. After the first loop, I knew I was going to have to throw up. I held it until the exit ramp and threw up in the bushes.

The last time I through up was at Lagoon park outside of Salt Lake City. I rode 4 rides in the first 30 minutes capped off with a spinning coaster. I just couldn't stomach it.

i'm over roller coasters. The hulk made me want to hurl.

Biff are we meeting at selwyn at 515?

i don't really enjoy theme parks or rollercoasters

not sure if unpopular take

I don't do motion rides at all.. coasters are ok if I pace but I also usually take a Dramamine before a day of riding those to play it safe.

When my then girlfriend later fiancée lived in Fredericksburg we went to Kings Dominion every year. It’s similar to Carowinds. The opening few weeks each year all tickets were kid prices and we figured out the perfect day to go: Mother’s Day. You could ride the rides as many times as you wanted. The Intimidator would give you tunnel vision at one point in the ride and the wooden coasters made you feel your brain rattling around. We decided after the last time we went that maybe we’re getting too old. I still do like the Disney and Universal rides and wanna do the Hagrid and Velocicoaster.

Cedar Point or GTFO

My boys watch roller coaster videos all the time and Cedar Pointe coasters are always highly regarded.

We have friends who went to grad school up that way and started going every year. They kept it up after having kids. We are hoping to go with them one of these years. We’ve talked about doing a trip that includes Carowinds, Dollywood, Kings Island, and Cedar Pointe. I figure I’ve got a good 10 year window in which my boys will take big trips with us and I can ride roller coasters without hurting too much.

Last edited:
I also hate roller coasters due to getting sick. A couple of years ago, the swings made me hurl, so if that tells you anything, I don’t do much at theme parks.

I haven't been stung by a bee since I was a kid. Yesterday, I ran over a yellow jacket nest with the push mower and the back of my left leg got lit up. Then this afternoon, I'm weeding the garden and another one landed on my arm and got me. Now I'm testing the anti-inflammatory power of beer.

Motion rides.

The first time we went to Universal, we went all out and rode everything in two days. My wife and I felt like we had been in a blender from all the motion rides.

Roller coasters only bother me if I ride too many in a short period of time or over the course of a day. Two years ago, we went to Carowinds with another family. We rode a bunch of rides, some two or three times. At the end of the day, my son and his friend wanted to ride Carolina Cyclone. My body was done but they wanted me to ride with them, so I did. After the first loop, I knew I was going to have to throw up. I held it until the exit ramp and threw up in the bushes.

The last time I through up was at Lagoon park outside of Salt Lake City. I rode 4 rides in the first 30 minutes capped off with a spinning coaster. I just couldn't stomach it.

Can you please go into a little bit more detail on when and how you threw up? I'm nearly there...

I am so fucking close to just going ahead and pulling the trigger on the cybertruck. Lock in the price at $60k and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back