• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
watching the val kilmer documentary on amazon. It's pretty good, apparently he was like the first guy to own a video camera and took it everywhere with him

Motion rides.

The first time we went to Universal, we went all out and rode everything in two days. My wife and I felt like we had been in a blender from all the motion rides.

Roller coasters only bother me if I ride too many in a short period of time or over the course of a day. Two years ago, we went to Carowinds with another family. We rode a bunch of rides, some two or three times. At the end of the day, my son and his friend wanted to ride Carolina Cyclone. My body was done but they wanted me to ride with them, so I did. After the first loop, I knew I was going to have to throw up. I held it until the exit ramp and threw up in the bushes.

The last time I through up was at Lagoon park outside of Salt Lake City. I rode 4 rides in the first 30 minutes capped off with a spinning coaster. I just couldn't stomach it.
Carolina Cyclone is probably the worst ride to end on, 2 loops into a long and fast swirl into a corkscrew. After Burn / Top Gun is pretty rough too with its loops and corkscrews. The newer rides are much better / smoother.

are you guys further south getting tomatoes yet?

super late this year

All of our big tomatoes were eaten by animals.

The cherry tomatoes were coming in like monsters but have stopped.

Having a newborn and an almost 3 year old have led to some neglect of the garden.

Getting plenty of tomatoes in the middle Atlantic. Made 6 quarts of sauce from five tomato plants.

watching the val kilmer documentary on amazon. It's pretty good, apparently he was like the first guy to own a video camera and took it everywhere with him

Watched it Friday night. Still not sure how I feel about him/it.

All of these bee/wasp stories recently, and we just noticed a giant nest on one of our trees yesterday. I sprayed the shit out if it last night and killed hundreds of them. Was amazed I didn’t get stung.

Some lady (in a Porsche) came by to take it from us after I cut it down today. Turns out that she wanted it for some elaborate Halloween decoration she’s planning.

have way too many cucumbers

thoughts besides pickles, gazpacho, and drinks?

We do a modified Greek salad for lunch pretty much every day at this time of year with cukes and tomatoes from the garden and a little feta and balsamic.

We have 2 watermelons that are starting to grow rapidly. Very curious to see how big they'll get before turning ripe.

One variety of our cukes keeps getting super round/fat and overly ripe vs. growing long, like normal. Any idea how to fix this? Seems like anything could theoretically be the cause (underwatering, overwatering, poor pollination, etc).

I dropped my daughter off at a babysitting gig over near Diggler's house this morning. I heard those people pay the big bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back