• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
dookie is a dozen or so 2-3 min long songs about jacking off

it's a completely nonserious album compared to the 70s-80s-early 90s protest punk

i won't speak to the rest of green day's career, but to me dookie is one of the most pure fun and joyous albums about boredom and adolescence there is

ATS/others — I’m taking the 7 and 63 exams for my new job. Any tips? I ordered the PassPerfect materials and the content doesn’t seem to difficult (yet). Just a lot of minutiae and arcane details to sort through. Couldn’t decide where to put this so just decided on the CT.

Neither test is particularly difficult (assuming you put in a modest amount of effort). It's mostly memorization. Read the materials then take a bunch of practice tests until you pass consistently.

It has been ~20 years for me, but the practice tests used to be a lot tougher than the actual exam. And some of the questions on the exam were the same as what was on the practice tests. Used to need a 70 to pass. I remember scoring low to mid 80s on the practice tests and got a 95 on the actual Series 7.

The 63 is less stuff than the 7, but even more boring. I think I studied for that one for like 2 weeks and scored in the mid-80s.

Nobody cares what you score... But I had an assistant of mine fail last month. Super embarrassing because he clearly wasn't prepared. He was fired recently (not for that, but it didn't help).

hard to beat Illmatic imo

I think I'd agree w/ Illmatic. Was listening to it the other day and it's still so good.

Green Day "Dookie" is by far they best thing they ever did. Not sure why they felt the need to stray from that formula.

Other top 1994 albums that I still listen to:
Ready to Die
Wildflowers
Nirvana: Unplugged

And Ill Communication (but I have to admit it's not better than the others on this list).

Hole-Live Through This.

I’m not sure who loved this album more, angsty middle school Mako or 40yo dead inside Mako.

Hole-Live Through This.

I’m not sure who loved this album more, angsty middle school Mako or 40yo dead inside Mako.

Based on my feelings at the time, this is my answer. We listened to this album over and over again in Johnson in 1995.

Now probably Dookie or Blue Album.

Based on my feelings at the time, this is my answer. We listened to this album over and over again in Johnson in 1995.

Now probably Dookie or Blue Album.

Now it makes sense

Also, Illmatic isn’t even the best rap album of 94. Ready to Die is superior.

I mean are we counting unplugged? If so, the choice is obvious.

There are more duds on Blue Album than Dookie, but the best songs on Blue Album are better than the best songs on Dookie. I love them both.

There are more duds on Blue Album than Dookie, but the best songs on Blue Album are better than the best songs on Dookie. I love them both.

I don't know about that. There are 14 songs on Dookie (versus 10 on Blue Album) and I tend to skip a handful every time I listen. Agree that they're both great though.

What's the best song on Illmatic?

Probably "It Ain't Hard to Tell", but it's strong top to bottom.

Tough for me to pick a better album between Illmatic and Ready to Die... I definitely like Notorious BIG better than Nas, but that's mostly because Nas didn't die. I'm pretty sure BIG would have put out a ton of shitty albums given enough time.

Neither test is particularly difficult (assuming you put in a modest amount of effort). It's mostly memorization. Read the materials then take a bunch of practice tests until you pass consistently.

It has been ~20 years for me, but the practice tests used to be a lot tougher than the actual exam. And some of the questions on the exam were the same as what was on the practice tests. Used to need a 70 to pass. I remember scoring low to mid 80s on the practice tests and got a 95 on the actual Series 7.

The 63 is less stuff than the 7, but even more boring. I think I studied for that one for like 2 weeks and scored in the mid-80s.

Nobody cares what you score... But I had an assistant of mine fail last month. Super embarrassing because he clearly wasn't prepared. He was fired recently (not for that, but it didn't help).

Thanks, about what I figured. Definitely not concerned about the actual score but of course want to avoid the humiliation of failing. I have 6 months to do it so trying to just knock it out fairly quickly.

Y'all seem to be for getting that this came out in 1994:

and this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back