• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asplundh Tree “Experts” working on behalf of Duke Energy…sucks.

Keep them out of your yard if you can.

We are at the Outer Banks this week and just did a cool biplane tour. Very unique experience being in the open air cockpit.

Turns out our new office does not have a lot of restaurants close by. Effing south end man.

I’m in bald head island this week for a few days visiting my parents who rented a house here for 4 weeks. This place is not as fancy as I expected.

does your house have a goofy-ass beach name

The birding has also been pretty weak. Great view of painted buntings, but no oystercatchers.

They’ve been terrorizing our neighborhood for over a month.

Several years ago they came through quickly and effectively, no problems.

This crew is horrendously slow and broadly inconsiderate. And they seem to have little understanding as to what’s needed and what’s not to protect the power lines. Massacre is a fair description.

They ask for permission to bring their equipment onto your property (the lines run behind). Next time I’m saying, “no”. Not sure what they’ll do, but I suspect they’d win the argument they need to access the lines.

Linda Cardellini was in Brokeback Mountain and man, she was smokin’ hot. Hard to believe she couldn’t keep Heath Ledger straight.

Make no mistake, young Anne Hathaway was also pretty hot in that movie and showed us her knockers. She wasn’t convincing as a Wyomingite though.

Woke up this morning with a pounding headache. 0/10.

I’m in bald head island this week for a few days visiting my parents who rented a house here for 4 weeks. This place is not as fancy as I expected.

BHI is definitely not trying to be Hilton Head etc. with re: to being fancy. Its all about relaxing on turtle time. The island has also been hit super hard the last few hurricane seasons and the transportation/logistics problems have limited the supply of contractors to rebuild/fix issues (on top of all the other construction supply issues), so if there are still a lot of incomplete-ish homes that is why.

I would assume the largest maritime forest in NC would holds all kinds of great bird life.

BHI is definitely not trying to be Hilton Head etc. with re: to being fancy.

thank goodness for this. keep all the idiots from OHIO who think hilton head is like the caribbean at hilton head

thank goodness for this. keep all the idiots from OHIO who think hilton head is like the caribbean at hilton head

For real. Though I was at BHI over Father's day weekend and this try-hard northerner was going off on the ice cream stand staff because they weren't open the day prior during their advertised hours. Just passive aggressively wanted to make sure they didn't have any more unplanned closures so he could plan the rest of his family's week. Ranted at the 2 young ladies uncomfortably for like 5 minutes (they weren't even the ones on duty the prior day). It's like chill out dude. You're on turtle time. You can always get ice cream at the grocery store next door if it is closed (or the coffee shop up at the Marina).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back