• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCXLIV: eceteras

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakephan09

fuck duke
Reaction score
Let's goooo!

Chat thread summer.

Last edited:
I don’t get the obsession with Trader Joe’s. I think it’s a subpar grocery store.

It's 65* in PDX right now and I'm shivering/cold with goosebumps because this is 50 degrees colder than it was all weekend.

Bonkers.

It's 65* in PDX right now and I'm shivering/cold with goosebumps because this is 50 degrees colder than it was all weekend.

Bonkers.

Now that all your streets have cracked from the heat they can continue to crack from the cold

it's a snack shop, not a full-service grocery store imo

Yes, this is right. But the thought of going to two different stores for groceries sounds awful, unless they are nearby to each other. But even then, sounds awful.

I don’t get the obsession with Trader Joe’s. I think it’s a subpar grocery store.

Spoken like someone who has never had the experience of just being thankful for an easy frozen meal on a night when you have nothing left to give and yet still have a whole fam to feed... and not frozen like the kind in little microwave trays, I mean just some frozen gyozas or some of the chicken and veggie options, or even the pre-marinated things I can just toss in the sous vide and shred for burritos, etc. Plus, their frozen parlano pizza is the best of the frozen pizzas.
I don't disagree other things are meh or on par with other places (produce especially), but if you're shopping for a family it's pretty great for stocking the freezer. Oh, and their bucket of ginger snap cookies with candied ginger pieces in them are crack.

Yes, this is right. But the thought of going to two different stores for groceries sounds awful, unless they are nearby to each other. But even then, sounds awful.

I go to trader joes once a month-ish just to grab the stock frozen things we use; I don't think it could ever be our primary grocery store, in the same way Costco can't be our primary grocery store (and we go there once a month-ish, too).

We live less than a mile from a Whole Foods and a very nice Harris Teeter. My wife routinely makes us drive 15 minutes to Trader Joe’s in addition to one of those two. So infuriating.

Bro, do you even instacart?!

I don't shop at TJ - though they do have some products I like. During pandemic we shifted to using King Soopers (Kroger) pick up service and it's hard to go back to regular grocery shopping. Produce can be a little hit or miss and I do have to make a stop at another store when there are out of stock items, but I've reclaimed so much more time by doing grocery pick up.

I still enjoy some things for them but will only go once in a blue moon. I’m also a terrible meal scheduler so maybe I need to check out some more of their frozen things.

We live less than a mile from a Whole Foods and a very nice Harris Teeter. My wife routinely makes us drive 15 minutes to Trader Joe’s in addition to one of those two. So infuriating.

A nice Harris Teeter is an elite store, but I am a #poor so I don’t do much shopping there.

I still enjoy some things for them but will only go once in a blue moon. I’m also a terrible meal scheduler so maybe I need to check out some more of their frozen things.

Even bags of frozen veggies, when you realize you could make fajitas but you have no peppers... bag of frozen peppers FTW! I know they have them at the regular grocery store, too, but I'm only ever thinking fresh produce there. I have TJ's in my head as the "this is where frozen food comes from" place. (and ginger snaps)

@lcd - I kinda like going grocery shopping.

I can respect that man; plenty of people enjoy it. If I didn't have kids I'd hit the farmers market every weekend and build my meal plan from there, but it's a shit show trying to buy a bunch of groceries with them in tow. I'm in a life stage where my time is super valuable to me so I'm happy to offload/outsource things I don't enjoy like grocery shopping to have more time for other stuff.

we go to TJ's like once every 6 months and stock up on snacks and such. get some of the cheeses and some random frozen crap. but we certainly don't do any meal planning or really buy any produce except like the things of berries and stuff or bags of clementines for our son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back