• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tokyo Olympics

They're showing Karate now, what's the difference between that and the Taekwondo competition? I'm talking about the fighting competition, not the Kata competition.

Here's hoping that she doesn't have the yips

Doubt that is the case…

If I was to guess it’s more like, “I’m 24, been training nonstop in a grueling sport for a decade, never get to rest, have been the face of Olympics and US gymnastics for a decade, endured horrific abuse and haven t had time to heal or process it, and I’m tired”

(she has also admitted she turned down thought of retirement to force US Gymnastics to continue to have to have one of its abuse victims front and center and admitted the highlight of her last ten years was her off time)

Doubt that is the case…

If I was to guess it’s more like, “I’m 24, been training nonstop in a grueling sport for a decade, never get to rest, have been the face of Olympics and US gymnastics for a decade, endured horrific abuse and haven t had time to heal or process it, and I’m tired”

(she has also admitted she turned down thought of retirement to force US Gymnastics to continue to have to have one of its abuse victims front and center and admitted the highlight of her last ten years was her off time)

Those young ladies put their bodies through an awful lot, no doubt. Did you guys see the lady from some country that competed and is 47? She started in the 1992 games I think. This is her last one, amazing.

Train for 5 years, and finally come to the moment and all the sudden you just can't do it anymore? Nah, she was having a bad performance and "opted out".

Got up early to catch most of the USWNT game against Australia. Shouldn't have, what a snoozefest. The 2 teams may have set a record for most completed passes by the back 4s in their own defensive end. Looked like the coaches agreed at halftime to the 0-0 draw.

Biles confirms that there is no physical injury and she quit on her team because she just wasn't feeling it.

Yeahhhhh tough to walk around wearing goat clothes if you're just going to retire the first time someone kicks you in the teeth mid-competition.

How many of you know what it is to deal with trauma?

How many of you know what it’s like to deal with trauma in an incredibly public setting?

How many of you know what it’s like to deal with trauma in a public setting while per framing at the absolute top of your profession and setting new standards for excellence?

Don’t you dare call this woman weak.

Train for 5 years, and finally come to the moment and all the sudden you just can't do it anymore? Nah, she was having a bad performance and "opted out".

“Train for 5 years”

Dude, she’s the GOAT because she’s won every possible gold medal in every gymnastics competition over the last 5 years.

She’s been going nonstop for years even after getting molested by the Olympic team’s chosen doctor, Larry Nassar. She’s done way more for this country than you, Biff, or any other shitty entitled dude who has never had to work as hard as Biles. Y’all are the best investment lawyers or insurance agents in your cubicle pod much less the best in the world.

At the same time, there's an elite alternate sitting at home that could be in Tokyo getting experience.

Maybe we should also not ask athletes to compete in every single event they could possibly medal in.

Remember when Michael Jordan quit halfway through the NBA Finals ? Yeah me neither.

This is tough. I know she has had some significant trauma in her life. But she just quit on her teammates during the biggest moment of their athletic lives and her teammates don't have previous gold medals laying around their houses.

How quickly the GOAT becomes the goat.

(Personally, it's the right move for the team if she knows she can't perform her best for whatever reason. Next man up)

Back