• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tokyo Olympics

I find myself kind of agreeing with Woke and Broke. It’s a reasonable hypothesis as birdman said. But I do feel compelled to say not every Black woman is Rosa Parks. Until Biles tells us otherwise, we shouldn’t assume this was a political statement about USA Gymnastics or anything more than her dropping out to take care of herself.

After seeing Biles tell her teammates, my first thought was Andrew Luck retiring by telling Brissett during a preseason game.

I should add that in hindsight, some of her interviews were signals. She talked a lot about her age and being too old for this. If CP or Lebron started talking about age, we’d know they didn’t have it anymore.
Feels more like that Bills DB who retired at halftime when he realized he doesn't have it anymore.

A lot of unimpressive dudes who were born on third base acting like they understand success up in here.

Like, congrats on not becoming a raging drug addict or whatever. Because that was they only way you were going to fuck it up. I'm glad that you're in the top 40% of spreadsheet creation and legal reading.

Last edited:
God damnit, if middling whites can't sit in cubes and bitch about sports do they even have anything anymore?

No, he talked shit about a fellow Wake fan and not only that, made the very specific accusation that said fan is below average in his profession. And guess what? The fact is he doesn't have a fucking clue about what any of us do or how good we are at it. In other words, he DOESN'T KNOW. Get me? What he said was beyond the pale.

I'm very sympathetic to what Biles has gone through and respect and admire her and her teammates. I'm not in a position to judge her decision to withdraw and won't. If she's having mental health issues, which are serious and deserving of the same attention as physical injuries, I'm sure she'll get plenty of help given that she's worth million of dollars (unfortunately a lot of ordinary people with the same or similar mental health issues won't have the same luxury).

Maybe after the Olympics she can retreat from the public glare some and relax - I hope so. But if she's doing modeling shoots, making the talk show rounds, and is all over social media, it's okay for us to question whether there might have been more to the story here (or at least conclude that she's making bad choices if the issues are truly mental).

After said wake fan was talking shit about a 24 year old he doesn't know or understand the world she lives in. Hope you are not so thin skinned that it hurts your feelings when (i assume) your boy takes a shot across the bow i feel bad for you.

I find myself kind of agreeing with Woke and Broke. It’s a reasonable hypothesis as birdman said. But I do feel compelled to say not every Black woman is Rosa Parks. Until Biles tells us otherwise, we shouldn’t assume this was a political statement about USA Gymnastics or anything more than her dropping out to take care of herself.

After seeing Biles tell her teammates, my first thought was Andrew Luck retiring by telling Brissett during a preseason game.

I should add that in hindsight, some of her interviews were signals. She talked a lot about her age and being too old for this. If CP or Lebron started talking about age, we’d know they didn’t have it anymore.

Yeah in hindsight, so many of her interviews over last year basically said she was done

Just saw where she is out of the individual all-around competition tomorrow. USA gymnast Jade Carey will replace her.

A lot of unimpressive dudes who were born on third base acting like they understand success up in here.

Like, congrats on not becoming a raging drug addict or whatever. Because that was they only way you were going to fuck it up. I'm glad that you're in the top 40% of spreadsheet creation and legal reading.

Rage on Brasky !

After said wake fan was talking shit about a 24 year old he doesn't know or understand the world she lives in. Hope you are not so thin skinned that it hurts your feelings when (i assume) your boy takes a shot across the bow i feel bad for you.

FTR, inspectah and I are not each other's boys. What PhDeac said, for the ten thousandth time was incredibly disrespectful and obvious baiting. But since I'm not a lawyer or an insurance salesman, I let it slide.

Fair enough. Its no more disrespectful than what you are saying about biles and her mental health. A situation you know nothing about. I'll drop it though because I won't change anyone's mind.

FTR, inspectah and I are not each other's boys. What PhDeac said, for the ten thousandth time was incredibly disrespectful and obvious baiting. But since I'm not a lawyer or an insurance salesman, I let it slide.

Guy whose whole e-persona is being a giant asshole catches feelings when someone else is a minor asshole to him.

Fair enough. Its no more disrespectful than what you are saying about biles and her mental health. A situation you know nothing about. I'll drop it though because I won't change anyone's mind.

Biles is a public figure. Ph and I are not, nor do we wish to be. Sports networks spent hours talking about her and her mental health yesterday, and the vast majority of those commenters don't know her either.

Meh. He's the one who's overreacting, not me.

If you think talking shit about mediocre white insurance agents is overreacting but talking shit about a woman taking herself out of harm’s way isn’t then I don’t know what to tell you.

I like Ph, in no way want to say that Simone was giving a giant middle finger to US Gymnastics, because we just don’t know

However, it’s hard not to think of Kerri Strug. People want to use her as the example of why Simone should have kept going, but I think if anything Strug proves that US Gymnastics has been fucked up for a long time

It was later told from multiple sides that Strug didn’t want to jump again. She couldn’t feel her leg. And Karolyi told her she should anyway, on the event that would arguably do most harm to her injury. Strug was forced to retire after the Olympics because of her injury

The sexual abuse in USA Gymnastics also revealed a greater system of abuse. USA Gymnastics has long had a culture of destroying teenage girls bodies and minds for the sake of winning.

So good for Simone for saying no and fuck everyone giving her shit

Last edited:
If you think talking shit about mediocre white insurance agents is overreacting but talking shit about a woman taking herself out of harm’s way isn’t then I don’t know what to tell you.

That's fine, but you're missing the point, intentionally.

I like Ph, in no way want to say that Simone was giving a giant middle finger to US Gymnastics, because we just don’t know

However, it’s hard not to think of Kerri Strug. It was later told from multiple sides that Strug didn’t want to jump again. She couldn’t feel her leg. And Karolyi told her she should anyway, on the event that would arguably do most harm to her injury. Strug was forced to retire after the Olympics because of her injury

The sexual abuse in USA Gymnastics also revealed a greater system of abuse. USA Gymnastics has long had a culture of destroying teenage girls bodies and minds for the sake of winning.

So good for Simone for saying no and fuck everyone giving her shit

I mean yeah, she shouldn't have felt forced, but Keri Strug gained more fame, attention and probably money from that one vault then she would've gotten from anything else she ever did in gymnastics. I can't stand Karolyi, but sometimes an athlete needs to be pushed by a coach. It's just a fine line between pushing someone to their best and pushing too hard. It's not an easy thing and thankfully better technology is allowing us to diagnose things much better. What's gone on with USA gymnastics is simply awful, but it's probably the norm for most of the countries that have serious programs. Doesn't make it any less wrong, just that it's probably more of a sport problem than just an American problem. You think Russia or China let it get out how many young girls have been destroyed by their gymnastics programs?

I mean yeah, she shouldn't have felt forced, but Keri Strug gained more fame, attention and probably money from that one vault then she would've gotten from anything else she ever did in gymnastics. I can't stand Karolyi, but sometimes an athlete needs to be pushed by a coach.

Maybe she would’ve preferred to keep competing in gymnastics rather than destroy her leg for fame and attention.

Maybe she would’ve preferred to keep competing in gymnastics rather than destroy her leg for fame and attention.

Could be, you'd have to ask her. I'm just saying she was able to perform that vault and make one of the most memorable Olympic moments in history. Like a said, she should not have been forced, if she was actually forced. I just don't think we can assume that she's all full of regret over it.

Could be, you'd have to ask her. I'm just saying she was able to perform that vault and make one of the most memorable Olympic moments in history. Like a said, she should not have been forced, if she was actually forced. I just don't think we can assume that she's all full of regret over it.

And it didn't even matter. The US would have won the team gold even if she hadn't done it.

Back