• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tokyo Olympics

Thanks for clearing up why I decided not to participate in the Olympics.

lol you're the one confusing your own position

if you even really have one

I feel for her and am sorry she won't get to compete in the 100. But that's some HOF stupidity.

Not sure it's correct to say she didn't make excuses. Seems like she's blaming the media, a la Naomi Osaka.

I love the scene in the first pirates of the Caribbean movie where jack sparrow and will turner are on the ship going after Elizabeth Swann and the Black Pearl, and Will Turner is upset at Jack telling him that his dad was a pirate. And Jack Sparrow tells him “the only rules that matter are these: what a man can do, and what a man can’t do.”

Noble Will Turner might not like sailing with a pirate who knew his dad as a pirate, but if he wants to save his girl, that’s the reality he’s going to have to accept and bitching about it won’t change it.

Testing for weed might be lame, but if you want to run in the olympics, that’s the reality you have to work with.

I don't know. It seems stupid. But if you want to be in the Olympics, you have to play by their rules. If you don't like the rules, work to change them (that will take decades, btw). Until then follow the rules.

Biff with a very good point here. Logic and common sense combined.

Unfortunately, not expecting a Rio repeat for men’s middle and long distance. Maybe 1500 goes slow again and one of the kickers can medal.

Looks like I'm out this year for the same reason as Sha'carri.

Good think I read the rules and didn't devote half my live to going to the Olympics in a month only to get caught breaking the rules.

HIGH FIVE BiffTannen !!!!!!!

yeah, it seems like both things are true here.

- testing for THC is dumb but also smoking weed before an international competition with its own rules is also dumb

This is where i'm at.

IDGAF that she smoked weed and think it should be legalized across the board, but to do so when she's had it drilled into her head that it is a banned substance by the USOC is hella dumb.

Free Sha Cari damn.

A man who converted to a women can smash chick at lifting heavy objects, but this chick can’t smoke a little weed while grieving for her dead mother. Fuck that.

And people that say rules are rules probably haven’t lost a love one recently.

Unfortunately, not expecting a Rio repeat for men’s middle and long distance. Maybe 1500 goes slow again and one of the kickers can medal.
Funny that you say that when centro is the defending gold medalist in the 1500

(He was the first American champion in a hundred years)

Yes, he’s an excellent tactician as he’s shown time and time again. If the much stronger field let’s him take the lead and crawl again then he can get back on podium.

biff’s transition from micro-old to boomer has been sad to see

Free Sha Cari damn.

A man who converted to a women can smash chick at lifting heavy objects, but this chick can’t smoke a little weed while grieving for her dead mother. Fuck that.

And people that say rules are rules probably haven’t lost a love one recently.

This is where I am at with it all. I barely care about the Tokyo Olympics and this shit ain't gonna make me anymore interested. And if I thought getting baked would help me through my pain, I'd turn into Cheech and Chong.

When my Dad died, I was somehow able to grieve without smoking pot . If I can do it , so can an olympic athlete.

That said, it’s a stupid rule.

When my Dad died, I was somehow able to grieve without smoking pot . If I can do it , so can an olympic athlete.

That said, it’s a stupid rule.

sorry for your loss. hope nobody criticized how you grieved.

god what a shitty post

Dumb rule. Dumb decision to break the rule. Dumber still to keep that rule going forward.

She made a mistake and deserves credit for taking ownership of it. Good for her.

Miss Richardson really needs to get some batteries for smoke detectors in the place she is staying. Those chirps drive me crazy.

Back