• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tokyo Olympics

It doesn't much matter its legal status in the US because it is a banned substance in competition worldwide.

The prohibited list maintained by the World Anti-Doping Agency also lists a whole bunch of substances commonly found in everyday, over the counter dietary supplements.

https://www.usada.org/athletes/substances/prohibited-list/

At wake we had to submit every season our vitamins for inspection. We were also drug tested regularly, not to catch us misbehaving but because the NCAA also regularly tests at competition sites. It's a good analogy for what's happened here.

Tokyo will be the Athing Mu show and set up her rise to global superstar come Paris. Most people do not understand how difficult it is to be so good at the 400 and 800 at the same time.

When people refer to their “biological” parent, that suggests they aren’t close.

I don't mean to defend what MIGHT be a lame excuse but we don't know all the dynamics. The coping could be with the realization that she would never be close to her biological mother. There could certainly be some heavy baggage with that.

I didn’t realize basic empathy was stored in the hair.

Its not a lame excuse. We don't know what she was feeling. We don't know what she was/IS coping with. This is complicated. Dealing with the death of a parent, even an absent one, is difficult. An absent one maybe more so. Lots of long running pain that can never be delbt with.

We don’t know whether it is a lame excuse or not because we don’t know whether her smoking dope actually had anything to do with bio mom passing or was just a convenient excuse. People frequently lie to paint themselves in the best light possible. Given that I don’t know if that is true, I’m not passing judgement on that part.
I do know that just because someone didn’t have a “traditional “ relationship with a parent doesn’t mean that the parent’s passing won’t be difficult. “Complicated” is undoubtably accurate.

I feel like too many people are concerned about the decision-making than how stupid the rule is

I feel like too many people are concerned about the decision-making than how stupid the rule is

It’s a good example of how people are willing to hurt the country just to enforce stupid anti-meritocratic rules.

I hereby forgive Third Place US Hammer Thrower Gwen Berry. Not for being pissy about the national anthem or her clown makeup, that stuff doesn’t really need forgiveness. But for making racist jokes on Twitter about whites, Chinese people, and Mexicans, threatening to rape an inanimate object, and using the word “retarded.”

Consider yourself absolved Gwen.

If there's one thing Americans hate, it's being represented on the world stage by someone who posts horrible nonsense on Twitter.

Last edited:
Back