• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tokyo Olympics

I see what you did there. So, how does your hate for Berry compare to Trump?

I barely care about Berry. I wouldn't know who she was if she didn't piss off a bunch of people who love the flag more than their fellow Americans.

212057006_10108088861079521_3132328126711151451_n.jpg

We don’t know whether it is a lame excuse or not because we don’t know whether her smoking dope actually had anything to do with bio mom passing or was just a convenient excuse. People frequently lie to paint themselves in the best light possible. Given that I don’t know if that is true, I’m not passing judgement on that part.
I do know that just because someone didn’t have a “traditional “ relationship with a parent doesn’t mean that the parent’s passing won’t be difficult. “Complicated” is undoubtably accurate.

This.

Field of 60 confirmed for the Olympics: https://www.igfgolf.org/tokyo-2020-olympic-golf-rankings

The men:

1 Jon Rahm ESP
2 Justin Thomas USA
3 Collin Morikawa USA
4 Xander Schauffele USA
5 Bryson DeChambeau USA
6 Rory McIlroy IRL
7 Viktor Hovland NOR
8 Hideki Matsuyama JPN
9 Paul Casey GBR
10 Abraham Ancer MEX
11 Sungjae Im KOR
12 Cameron Smith AUS
13 Joaquin Niemann CHI
14 Tommy Fleetwood GBR
15 Corey Conners CAN
16 Garrick Higgo RSA
17 Shane Lowry IRL
18 Marc Leishman AUS
19 Christiaan Bezuidenhout RSA
20 Si Woo Kim KOR
21 Carlos Ortiz MEX
22 Mackenzie Hughes CAN
23 Sebastian Munoz COL
24 Guido Migliozzi ITA
25 Rikuya Hoshino JPN
26 Antoine Rozner FRA
27 Thomas Detry BEL
28 Alex Noren SWE
29 Thomas Pieters BEL
30 Kalle Samooja FIN
31 Matthias Schwab AUT
32 Rasmus Hojgaard DEN
33 Sami Valimaki FIN
34 Jazz Janewattananond THA
35 Jhonattan Vegas VEN
36 Francesco Molinari ITA
37 Henrik Norlander SWE
38 Mito Pereira CHI
39 Adri Arnaus ESP
40 Joachim B Hansen DEN
41 Rory Sabbatini SVK
42 Sepp Straka AUT
43 Ryan Fox NZL
44 C.T. Pan TPE
45 Romain Langasque FRA
46 Adrian Meronk POL
47 Maximilian Kieffer GER
48 Juvic Pagunsan PHI
49 Ondrej Lieser CZE
50 Scott Vincent ZIM
51 Gunn Charoenkul THA
52 Hurly Long GER
53 Fabrizio Zanotti PAR
54 Rafael Campos PUR
55 Gavin Kyle Green MAS
56 Yechun Yuan CHN
57 Kristian K Johannessen NOR
58 Ashun Wu CHN
59 Anirban Lahiri IND
60 Udayan Mane IND

You’re right. The 400 and the 800 are the difference between being a sprinter and a middle distance runner.

Have you watched an 800 race lately? Not being a smartass, but the 800 has definitely changed over the last decade - into what the old 400 used to be IMO

The Olympic swimming should be pretty exciting. Dressel, Michael Andrew, Murphy and Kalisz on the men's side. Obviously, Ledecky will be back along with some new faces Smith, Bacon among others. Apparently, AUS is gonna be pretty tough this year.

My daughter has gotten into competitive swim, so I have been following it more closely. One of her teammates made it to the Olympic qualifying which was pretty cool to see.

Field of 60 confirmed for the Olympics: https://www.igfgolf.org/tokyo-2020-olympic-golf-rankings

The men:

1 Jon Rahm ESP
2 Justin Thomas USA
3 Collin Morikawa USA
4 Xander Schauffele USA
5 Bryson DeChambeau USA
6 Rory McIlroy IRL
7 Viktor Hovland NOR
8 Hideki Matsuyama JPN
9 Paul Casey GBR
10 Abraham Ancer MEX
11 Sungjae Im KOR
12 Cameron Smith AUS
13 Joaquin Niemann CHI
14 Tommy Fleetwood GBR
15 Corey Conners CAN
16 Garrick Higgo RSA
17 Shane Lowry IRL
18 Marc Leishman AUS
19 Christiaan Bezuidenhout RSA
20 Si Woo Kim KOR
21 Carlos Ortiz MEX
22 Mackenzie Hughes CAN
23 Sebastian Munoz COL
24 Guido Migliozzi ITA
25 Rikuya Hoshino JPN
26 Antoine Rozner FRA
27 Thomas Detry BEL
28 Alex Noren SWE
29 Thomas Pieters BEL
30 Kalle Samooja FIN
31 Matthias Schwab AUT
32 Rasmus Hojgaard DEN
33 Sami Valimaki FIN
34 Jazz Janewattananond THA
35 Jhonattan Vegas VEN
36 Francesco Molinari ITA
37 Henrik Norlander SWE
38 Mito Pereira CHI
39 Adri Arnaus ESP
40 Joachim B Hansen DEN
41 Rory Sabbatini SVK
42 Sepp Straka AUT
43 Ryan Fox NZL
44 C.T. Pan TPE
45 Romain Langasque FRA
46 Adrian Meronk POL
47 Maximilian Kieffer GER
48 Juvic Pagunsan PHI
49 Ondrej Lieser CZE
50 Scott Vincent ZIM
51 Gunn Charoenkul THA
52 Hurly Long GER
53 Fabrizio Zanotti PAR
54 Rafael Campos PUR
55 Gavin Kyle Green MAS
56 Yechun Yuan CHN
57 Kristian K Johannessen NOR
58 Ashun Wu CHN
59 Anirban Lahiri IND
60 Udayan Mane IND

That's a weak field outside the top 15-20. Women's field will be even weaker with them only allowing 4 South Koreans. Would be cool to see Hideki win in Tokyo. And can someone explain how Rory Sabbatini is from Slovakia?

Should the Olympics be canceled because I feel like it should be canceled.

That's a weak field outside the top 15-20. Women's field will be even weaker with them only allowing 4 South Koreans. Would be cool to see Hideki win in Tokyo. And can someone explain how Rory Sabbatini is from Slovakia?

The way I understand it is that he married a Slovakian woman and decided to take her citizenship which was beneficial from a tax standpoint (and Olympics obviously).

ETA: https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-sabbatini-now-playing-for-slovakia/38880359/

Last edited:
A wake t&f guy did the same thing by marrying a slovenian

Have you watched an 800 race lately? Not being a smartass, but the 800 has definitely changed over the last decade - into what the old 400 used to be IMO

I have. When you look at 400M and 800M runners they are very different athletes. Also, just MO. Heppenstall looks nothing like a sprinter.

One of my best friends from HS was co-captain with me on our HS Cross country team. He volunteers to coach at Pope HS in Atlanta. He had a kid who I watched run a 1:50 800M. He won going away. There were no 400M runners in the same race. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a 400M guy also doing the 800M.

Back