• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tokyo Olympics

I have. When you look at 400M and 800M runners they are very different athletes. Also, just MO. Heppenstall looks nothing like a sprinter.

One of my best friends from HS was co-captain with me on our HS Cross country team. He volunteers to coach at Pope HS in Atlanta. He had a kid who I watched run a 1:50 800M. He won going away. There were no 400M runners in the same race. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a 400M guy also doing the 800M.

when did someone from Pope run a 1:50? that is very, very fast for a high school kid

mar-6-2011-palm-beach-gardens-florida-united-states-of-america-rory-DK3MB7.jpg

Nice legs. Read that some are referring to him as the Boy from Bratislava.

"In a statement, USATF offered sympathy and support for Richardson while applauding her accountability and saying it “fully agrees that the merit of the World Anti-Doping Agency rules related to THC should be reevaluated.”"

USATF on the train

US Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms is really wading into some interesting territory these days

Do the olympics kinda suck now, because it seems like it.

In what way do they suck now more than they used to suck? I've never been that into it but will watch for certain things, like when there is a generational talent like a Phelps, Biles or Bolt. Other than that, I'll just watch some of the events I like. Still think they should completely blow up USA Gymnastics.

In what way do they suck now more than they used to suck? I've never been that into it but will watch for certain things, like when there is a generational talent like a Phelps, Biles or Bolt. Other than that, I'll just watch some of the events I like. Still think they should completely blow up USA Gymnastics.

Yea we don't have any track and field or swimming superstars right now that I am aware of.

They got rid of fucking wrestling while shit like speed walking and BMX are events, and the Boxing sucks now.

Katie Ledecky is the greatest female swimmer ever and may go down as the greatest swimmer ever.

Caleb Dressel will be a superstar in less than a month.

Athing Mu has a chance to be a transcendent track star.

Yea we don't have any track and field or swimming superstars right now that I am aware of.

They got rid of fucking wrestling while shit like speed walking and BMX are events, and the Boxing sucks now.

Caeleb Dressel and Ryan Murphy are worth a watch on the men’s swimming side. Katie Ledecky is incredible but she favors longer races and they are usually so non-competitive that they end up being pretty boring from a spectator perspective.

Generally agree that the Olympics kind of suck outside of the swimming and track events which are usually pretty great viewing.

yeah, Michael Andrew and Caeleb Dressel will probably win 3-5 gold medals each (some on relays), and Katie Ledecky will likely sweep the 200, 400, 800, 1500 Free plus probably two relay golds

Field of 60 confirmed for the Olympics: https://www.igfgolf.org/tokyo-2020-olympic-golf-rankings

The men:

1Jon RahmESP
2Justin ThomasUSA
3Collin MorikawaUSA
4Xander SchauffeleUSA
5Bryson DeChambeauUSA
6Rory McIlroyIRL
7Viktor HovlandNOR
8Hideki MatsuyamaJPN
9Paul CaseyGBR
10Abraham AncerMEX
11Sungjae ImKOR
12Cameron SmithAUS
13Joaquin NiemannCHI
14Tommy FleetwoodGBR
15Corey ConnersCAN
16Garrick HiggoRSA
17Shane LowryIRL
18Marc LeishmanAUS
19Christiaan BezuidenhoutRSA
20Si Woo KimKOR
21Carlos OrtizMEX
22Mackenzie HughesCAN
23Sebastian Munoz COL
24Guido MigliozziITA
25Rikuya HoshinoJPN
26Antoine RoznerFRA
27Thomas DetryBEL
28Alex NorenSWE
29Thomas PietersBEL
30Kalle SamoojaFIN
31Matthias SchwabAUT
32Rasmus HojgaardDEN
33Sami ValimakiFIN
34Jazz JanewattananondTHA
35Jhonattan VegasVEN
36Francesco MolinariITA
37Henrik NorlanderSWE
38Mito PereiraCHI
39Adri ArnausESP
40Joachim B HansenDEN
41Rory SabbatiniSVK
42Sepp StrakaAUT
43Ryan FoxNZL
44C.T. PanTPE
45Romain LangasqueFRA
46Adrian MeronkPOL
47Maximilian KiefferGER
48Juvic PagunsanPHI
49Ondrej LieserCZE
50Scott VincentZIM
51Gunn CharoenkulTHA
52Hurly LongGER
53Fabrizio ZanottiPAR
54Rafael CamposPUR
55Gavin Kyle GreenMAS
56Yechun YuanCHN
57Kristian K JohannessenNOR
58Ashun WuCHN
59Anirban LahiriIND
60Udayan ManeIND

$20 on Im, Cam Smith and Hovland.

No fans will be allowed now, Covid state of emergency called by Japanese govt.

No fans at the Olympics. I get it but that sucks.

seems like a good idea to continue to host them

It's the right decision based on the low number of vaxxed folks in Japan and athletes coming in from all over the world. But they're going to lose all of the gate revenue. And don't host countries of the Olympics and the World Cup already lose $$ anyway?

It's the right decision based on the low number of vaxxed folks in Japan and athletes coming in from all over the world. But they're going to lose all of the gate revenue. And don't host countries of the Olympics and the World Cup already lose $$ anyway?

Yeah they spend billions on essentially single-use infrastructure so it’s not a terribly lucrative proposition to start.

He actually had a kid about seven years ago who ran a 1:49.6 his junior year. That was the fastest HS 800 in the nation that year.

ok, Devin Dixon. Not for Pope, but yes, super fast kid. One of 3 all-time in GA to break 1:50 (the other two did it in a state final against each other)

Dixon, btw, placed at NCAA's multiple years in the 800 and the 4x400

Last edited:
Back