• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tokyo Olympics

Was watching Dr. Death and after episode 3 you had to upgrade to Premium to watch. Wasn't interested but after only being able to watch the bball game this morning on premium, i paid the $5 to watch some olympics and finish out DD

Putting the olympics only on peacock seems like a dumb strategy. It’s a ton of sports that nobody gives a shit about for 4 years so none of it is actually must watch tv. I’m definitely going to watch as much as I can for 2 weeks as long as I dont need a special account or subscription. And if you put water polo on peacock, fine I’ll just watch cycling I guess. It’s like the opposite of a ppv event. So seems like best model would be to keep it on all the nbc channels and maximize the eyeballs and ad revenue. Then use things that people have shown they will pay for and won’t live without - like friends and the office and the premier league - to increase peacock subscriptions.

Sure but see the ACC network for how this works.

I don't really care which platform any of this is on, just clearly tell me where the live broadcasts are. I think NBC trys to hide what's pre-recorded.

Let me decide if I want to stay up and watch or record USA Network.

Looks like on the weekend nbc carrying on regular channel (1203, etc.) most of the day.

Weekdays on regular channel around noon and for evening prime time.

Also essentially constant coverage on nbcsn (314) and the Olympic Channel (316).

If live, it’s designated in upper right as “live”. But you can’t tell from the “guide” which says “new” even if prerecorded.

All channel numbers Spectrum.

Same for USA (101)….near continuous coverage but you have to be watching to see if live.

Form a full time USA basketball team. Pay the players. Have Coach K in charge.
It will not be your top tier NBA players but they will be familiar with each other and work better as a team.
We need to play defense and stop launching 3's.

WTF Dame, is the floor wet or something?

Yep, that was a bush league turnover by Dame up 76-74. He is wide open only about a foot behind the 3 line and he tries some skip pass to Lavine or whatever. Like summer league junk.

If he drains that, like he ALWAYS does, it is probably over.

Since our men's 3x3 basketball team didn't qualify, we need to step it up with some NBA players. only stipulation is guys who have never been on the main USA olympic team before). Need 4 super quick guys who can pass and shot from deep, with at least one of them having some height to be the main rebounder. I'm going with Trae Young, De'Aron Fox, Julius Randle, and John Collins (going with two big guys).

Women’s Gymnastics about to lose to Russia as well. Fighting valiantly without Simone

Pulled herself out. Reports are she is mentally exhausted. She gave a pretty revealing interview before olympics here

Back