• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tokyo Olympics

I’ve been debating with myself about the design (striping, etc.) of the Olympic basketball.

Pretty sure I really don’t like it.

Ladies got this.

We discussed this as well. The consensus was basketball made completely of Pretzel/Brioche. Looked delicious.

Molly Seidel and Karch Kiraly tie for the best post-competition interviews of the games. Awesome stuff. Impossible to not choke up watching them.

Honorable mention to Sydney McLaughlin, who showed incredible grace

I read up on Karch Kiraly last night. He entered his first beach volleyball competition with his dad at 11 years old. Dude has dedicated his life to the sport of volleyball. He is probably the only relatively well known man associated with the sport compared to May, Treanor, and Reece among women.

Read an article recently on how posters on Chinese social media are obsessed with their gold medal count and in finishing first in gold medals this year, as they see it as a sign of their arrival as a superpower. The article also noted how many Chinese posters have made personal attacks on social media on athletes from other countries (especially Japanese athletes), and even against Chinese athletes who don't live up to expectations. Since we've passed them in the gold medal count I've wondered if there's been a corresponding meltdown on Chinese social media.

United States Barely Edges Out China For Most Gold Medals At Tokyo Olympics

…Team USA is taking home 113 medals. In addition to their gold medals, U.S. athletes won 41 silver and 33 bronze medals. China, which was also second in total medals won, is bringing home 88 medals, including 32 silver and 18 bronze.

U.S. women won 66 medals — more than half of the U.S. team's tally. According to the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee, if the American women were a separate country, they would have ranked fourth in the world in terms of how many Olympic medals they won.

The United States has won the most overall medals for seven consecutive Olympic games. But China won the most gold medals in 2008, when Beijing hosted the Summer Olympics…

I feel bad for the Chinese boxer who lost last night. She may take more heat than others.

It's funny to me how supposedly "advanced" nation-states behave like spoiled children over a bunch of stupid games. A large chunk of humanity is just weak-sauce.

Just watched the entire women's marathon. What an incredible, brave race by seidel. I knew the results going in, but I had no idea seidel not only ran with the leaders but at 30k actually put the screws on literally five Kenyans, including the world record holder. Her move dropped the Bahrain-Kenyan and the Ethiopian, forced another Kenyan to drop out, and almost killed the Israeli-Kenyan.

She ran the Olympic marathon like she did to win NCAA cross her senior year. So badass

Just incredible stuff. I may rewatch with my girl Kara Goucher on commentary so I don't have to listen to that Australian sprinter again.

Hats off to the U.S. women. Outstanding.

Last edited:
Anyone got hot takes on that crying white bitch beating the horse.

That was a highlight for sure.

Last edited:
Saw a few minutes of Wheel Chair Rugby this morning from the ParaOlympics. It's basically trying to get a ball across the goal line in bumper cars, pretty cool!

Wake Forest alumnus Greg Billington just won Olympic Gold as a guide for a blind athlete in the Paralympic triathlon

Yeah. Brad Snyder won the first gold in any Olympic or Paralympic triathlon event for Team USA. Heard a good interview with him a few days ago. He lost his sight in an IED explosion in Afghanistan.

https://the1a.org/guests/brad-snyder/

A Team USA woman is currently 2nd during the cycling portion of the wheelchair triathlon on the Olympic Channel live right now.

Still second in the wheelchair portion.

Wow. Kendall Gretsch won gold with a near photo finish after a sprint down the last stretch. What a finish! She made up an 80 second deficit in the wheelchair portion. Make sure you look it up.

Last edited:
Back