• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Team Sheep Week Four: Thread open

Someone needs to explain spades over hearts to me.
Years back, on the terp board, hearts wins.

Both are cards games but hearts is a better card game.

Oh wait, spades is racist and this in a NC board. Nevermind.

TY TownieDeac. I try to posrep you every week but apparently I have a wild mancrush on you and have handed out too many your way.
FYI, dino's prison Hooch may need a change in team name. We are currently looking at some of our top prospects in the minors and considering call ups.

Last edited:
Spades is a better answer because the card manufacturer does all that fancy branding shit on the Ace of Spaces but doesn't do anything special on the Ace of Hearts.

Kinda like this shows that Spades has a greater gravitas than Hearts:

1200x0.jpg

10. A character who dies in Lord of the Rings
Gollum - 28
Gandalf - 14
Boromir - 5
Sauron - 5
Joffrey - 1

11. A jam band
Grateful Dead - 32
Phish - 15
Dave Matthews Band - 3
Allman Brothers Band - 2
Pearl Jam - 1

12. Grand _______
Canyon - 26
Slam - 16
Father - 2
Piano - 2
Theft Auto - 2
Finale, Kids, Parent, Prix - 1

Dio - at least if you fuck up the question, get the correct GOT character! Joffrey isn't top 3.

If I don't fuck up the year question, I was top 5.:tear:

Spades is a better answer because the card manufacturer does all that fancy branding shit on the Ace of Spaces but doesn't do anything special on the Ace of Hearts.

Kinda like this shows that Spades has a greater gravitas than Hearts:

1200x0.jpg

Thanks Mr. Last place. Finally got a non 1 pt answer?

Thanks Mr. Last place. Finally got a non 1 pt answer?

Pffft. You're just jealous that we didn't even ask you to be on our team. I'm sending you this shirt as a peace offering that will remind you you need to stop eating twinkies all day.

b34c9a321d289759734cc9aba7320158_1080x.jpeg

I get Caspian Sea and considered it because it is the largest thing you can see in a map of Asia. Oceans are in no way, shape, or form "in" a continent, so those are just wrong. Considered Yangtze, but thought the Mekong was just as famous and would split the vote. How was I the only Persian Gulf? It's the body of water most mentioned in American news.

9. The shortest amount of time it would take you to spend $10,000 at Dave and Buster’s
24 hours - 13
1 hour - 9
10 hours - 9
1 week - 8
8 hours - 2
1 month - 2
100 hours - 2
1 year, 10 days, 10,000 hours, 2 years, 5 hours, 500 days, 5 (unspecified units), 20 (unspecified units) - 1

I almost stopped in a Dave and Busters for the first time ever for lunch on Thursday to try to estimate this answer. In any case, I put 2 years, and a)either understand less about Dave and Busters than even I thought b)overestimated the number of married people in this game or c)overestimated their desire to stay married.

Just here to say that I’m glad that I’m living up to my team name.

I almost stopped in a Dave and Busters for the first time ever for lunch on Thursday to try to estimate this answer. In any case, I put 2 years, and a)either understand less about Dave and Busters than even I thought b)overestimated the number of married people in this game or c)overestimated their desire to stay married.

I think this was definitely a question where you default to the sheep rule of multiples of 10. You look at this question you say, I have no fucking clue. So it's 10 hours. The end.

I think this was definitely a question where you default to the sheep rule of multiples of 10. You look at this question you say, I have no fucking clue. So it's 10 hours. The end.

I had "2 days" in my head all week and then finally changed it to "1 day" because nobody would ever say "2 days", even if that is the right answer.

That was my initial thinking but then that was $1,000 an hour which seemed aggressive so I went with 20.

that's like the normal amount of time maybe, but defs not the shortest

I hesitate to ever weigh in on a question but

A) I should have included a unit in the question. Mea culpa.
B) D&B’s has more than arcade games, they sell overpriced food and drinks.
C) In the hypothetical I was suggesting, though I certainly didn’t make this clear, it’s not your $10k you’re spending, you just go on a frenzy, if that for some reason matters in your answer lolol

Anyway I picked a couple questions this week hoping to make discussion more fun

A unit of time is leading. Minutes still convert to hours and days and so forth. The question was fine.

Back