• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will pay Wake Forest's players?

What was the system based on before the ACC and SEC integrated?

What is the system based on for the 650 or so NCAA member schools who don't play DI football? Most DIII schools offer more sports than Wake does.

“Unprecedented levels of broadcasting” is on the ESPN app with no promotion or highlights on ESPN or ESPN2. And those sports still likely generate more revenue than they did 15 years ago.

We’ve already seen that women’s basketball, baseball, and softball championships have gotten record viewership at a time that pro league ratings are floundering. ESPN is actually promoting these tournaments on Sportscenter and showcasing the athletes. A little effort can go a long way.

FWIW, the Little League Regionals and World Series will get a lot of airtime on ESPN over the next few weeks. Time for the exploited 12 year-olds to make some coin off their NIL rights? Mone' Davis would've made some good money a few years ago. Danny Almonte might have even gotten some cash from fake ID vendors.

FWIW, the Little League Regionals and World Series will get a lot of airtime on ESPN over the next few weeks. Time for the exploited 12 year-olds to make some coin off their NIL rights? Mone' Davis would've made some good money a few years ago. Danny Almonte might have even gotten some cash from fake ID vendors.

The I'm Big Al and I Hit Dingers kid should legitimately try to cash in on NIL. He is more recognizable to more Little Leaguers than probably any MLB player is. Maybe he already is, but he should be the literal poster child for NIL millionaire. Every kid across the country coming up to bat for the last 3 years has proclaimed that they are Big Al and hitting dingers.

Nothing happening on Wake front. We are falling further behind daily. No organization. Just bitching.

Our players will get punny little 2-5K deals from a few opportunistic dudes like me and otherwise we will be falling further and further behind.

Wake Forest never adapts to the times until it is way too late. This situation shows it's really because our alums are by nature risk and reputation averse. In this era, that means we lose. Because of our alums.

I am not saying you are against promoting those other sports. You are obviously advocating for.
I am saying it seems odd for their to be an additional revenue system that could successfully e developed that would initially disproportionately advantage white athletes further. If TPTB felt that had a chance to be successful why aren’t they going after it? They must think the money isn’t there or at least not want to risk it.
It seems odd that white people are hesitant to promote sports that would advantage white athletes.

Hmmm, I don't know, maybe everything isn't about race?

Nothing happening on Wake front. We are falling further behind daily. No organization. Just bitching.

Our players will get punny little 2-5K deals from a few opportunistic dudes like me and otherwise we will be falling further and further behind.

Wake Forest never adapts to the times until it is way too late. This situation shows it's really because our alums are by nature risk and reputation averse. In this era, that means we lose. Because of our alums.

OK. Let's bag the athletics program. Perhaps, your time would be better spent on the Cincy Bearcats hoop board.

This is one of the most obvious troll posts you've ever made, and that's saying something.

I've had recent conversations with folks who have given 7 figures to Wake, multiple times, and I'm hearing the opposite from what you just said. FTR, the people I've spoken to aren't Shah/Sutton/McCreary

If you aren't trolling, then site your work and tell us how we are indeed falling behind, and how you know this.

I think he just likes to post stuff like that and then crank it.

It’s not odd because the system has been based on funding those sports through basketball and football revenue that’s artificially high from not paying mostly Black labor.

It’s odd if they can use that revenue plus additional revenue specific to marketing those teams (imho). Compare the football players’ locker room to the fútbol players’ locker room. Soccer (and other sports) could have much nicer facilities if they generated more. And those players benefit from after college as processionals if there is more interest in the sport. Non-revenue athletes are second class citizens compared to fball/bball.
Why do you think those in power don’t want that additional income for the school and those “white” athletes?

Call me cynical but does it even matter? With the coming superconference consolidation it's obvious Wake will be on the outside looking in anyway.

It’s odd if they can use that revenue plus additional revenue specific to marketing those teams (imho). Compare the football players’ locker room to the fútbol players’ locker room. Soccer (and other sports) could have much nicer facilities if they generated more. And those players benefit from after college as processionals if there is more interest in the sport. Non-revenue athletes are second class citizens compared to fball/bball.
Why do you think those in power don’t want that additional income for the school and those “white” athletes?

They see those sports as non-revenue sports.

The powers that be are lazy and traditional focus on expanding revenue streams from revenue sports.

It's gonna be weird when a freshman buys a nice party house right next to their campus. For top earning college football & basketball players, of course.

What reason can justify the continued existence of orgs like the DeaconClub? Tax write off?

Roberson signed a deal with Bojangles.

Did they officially sign him? I didn't see that one Tweeted by Bojanges. I saw a few other NC players from random teams like UNC-W and UNC-C and was getting heated we hadn't had one yet.

@DonaldRoss - what do you suggest Wake Forest do? Other than teh obvious GET ORGANIZED. I don't think we need to worry about falling behind in the short term, we need a better plan for the future and need Wake Forest Administration resources dedicated to this. Maybe that's the future of the Deacon Club - getting NIL resources funded so our dollars go even farther.

ALSO - If we are Deacon Club members does that mean we cannot pay Wake Forest players via NIL stuff?

Back