• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will pay Wake Forest's players?

Oh, and in answer to the thread's question - I sure as fuck won't. But the rest of you go ahead and screech "Roll Tide!" as hard as your little lungs will let you

Still waiting to find out what happened to the fundraiser money.

Was thinking the same thing earlier. Pretty sure the usual suspects took it all and juiced up their kids college fund. We will never see a nickels worth of that money !

Was thinking the same thing earlier. Pretty sure the usual suspects took it all and juiced up their kids college fund. We will never see a nickels worth of that money !

The edit button still doesn't work right.

I want my 20 back.

Still waiting to find out what happened to the fundraiser money.

I assume this is a joke. This free website takes money to run. Every few years they raise money to fund it.

I'm also in for $25 or so for the OGboards sponsorship. Should we start a new thread and Venmo or something?

Oh, and in answer to the thread's question - I sure as fuck won't. But the rest of you go ahead and screech "Roll Tide!" as hard as your little lungs will let you

The Florida Panthers just signed the QB from Miami, King, to be an Spokesman Athlete, whatever that means. I think we have enough contacts at the Atlanta Hawks, we could do the same thing.

Article in today's N&O on how HBCU's could fall further behind the big-boys due to NIL. But I could also see a situation where some major corporations, particularly those headquartered or with major operations in the same city as an HBCU, adopt a team or maybe even the whole athletic dept. en masse and give each athlete the same NIL $$. Imagine Coke with billboards around Atlanta with all the Moorehouse athletes on the field spelling out "Coke" , and each gets say $5K per year.
I see 3 scenarios where NIL will be utilized by a business:
1) The athletes presence/image actually brings value to the business (least-likely of the 3 IMO)
2) A legal way for a sincere or an ego-driven booster to get $$ to players so they will play for his beloved school (again IMO, most likely)
3) or as in the example above, a means for large corporations to create good will in their community and in the marketplace.

I’ll read that article but the premise seems ridiculous. The gap between Alabama football and A&T football is so massive that NIL can’t make things worse but it could offer a way up.

Article in today's N&O on how HBCU's could fall further behind the big-boys due to NIL. But I could also see a situation where some major corporations, particularly those headquartered or with major operations in the same city as an HBCU, adopt a team or maybe even the whole athletic dept. en masse and give each athlete the same NIL $$. Imagine Coke with billboards around Atlanta with all the Moorehouse athletes on the field spelling out "Coke" , and each gets say $5K per year.
I see 3 scenarios where NIL will be utilized by a business:
1) The athletes presence/image actually brings value to the business (least-likely of the 3 IMO)
2) A legal way for a sincere or an ego-driven booster to get $$ to players so they will play for his beloved school (again IMO, most likely)
3) or as in the example above, a means for large corporations to create good will in their community and in the marketplace.

We'll see how it plays out. I hope I'm wrong, but I view it as a proxy for level of fan/booster/community support. If you have all of that, it's a way to get better players. If you don't, it's another way to fall behind.

I assume this is a joke. This free website takes money to run. Every few years they raise money to fund it.

I'm also in for $25 or so for the OGboards sponsorship. Should we start a new thread and Venmo or something?

No, but an accountability was promised, IIRC. Maybe it only says we have enough on hand for xx months to operate. I appreciate having this board and those that make/made it happen.

No, but an accountability was promised, IIRC. Maybe it only says we have enough on hand for xx months to operate. I appreciate having this board and those that make/made it happen.

You're welcome.

well I asked but I'm an asshole and was attached guess it is time I stop reading this mindless snowflafe crap and join RK for few watching the horses. BTW he was only of like two or three here that posted any real info. There is lttle here besides Rafi witn tennis and socoer that seems to get one brain cell excited.

Dr. Pepper just announced they'll have Clemson QB DJ Uigalelei in their terrible Fansville ads

They're going to make terrible ones? The ones so far have been hilarious. Clearly you're not a dad, Barca.

They're going to make terrible ones? The ones so far have been hilarious. Clearly you're not a dad, Barca.

I am a dad and don't think they're that funny. Maybe I find them funny at first, but when they're shown pretty much every commercial break throughout the college football season they get a wee bit stale.

It would be nice to get a current athlete making his social media aware of OGBoards and getting some new blood on the boards.

Back