• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will pay Wake Forest's players?

It's a shame it's 2021, not 2012.

I had the coffee shop at Baptist, and the budget to give 4-5 players a little bump for pimping my shop.

It's a shame it's 2021, not 2012.

I had the coffee shop at Baptist, and the budget to give 4-5 players a little bump for pimping my shop.
Wasn't your handle Roland on the old boards? Don't know why I remember that.

I didn't realize NIL was a thing until earlier this year but apparently Wake opened up a program to help students capitalize on their NAME IMAGE & LIKENESS in back in October 2020???? if that's possible. (https://godeacs.com/news/2020/10/12/baseball-wake-forest-athletics-announces-stride-program.aspx). As part of that initiative they have a partnership with OPENDORSE (https://godeacs.com/news/2020/10/13/stride-opendorse.aspx). It seems like we were ahead of the curve on those fronts but I'd love to see more links posted with athletes who are capitalizing right now.

I think, at least for the time being, all of the schools have a similar arrangement. I could be wrong (and if I am someone on this board will tell me) but I think the current rule does not allow direct school involvement. We have the potential for plenty of sponsors, but do we have a player or two that these potential sponsors would benefit from using?

Someone named "Willy Johnson" wouldn't need a nickname.

Wasn't your handle Roland on the old boards? Don't know why I remember that.

Up until late last year, actually. My passwords got hacked and I changed them all, but for some reason the new gibberish password didn't get saved on a couple of sites.

Ohio State quarterback Quinn Ewers completed his senior year of high school over a four day period this summer and reclassified in order to enroll at OSU. News today:

Confirmed with a source that Ohio State quarterback Quinn Ewers has signed an NIL deal with GT Sports Marketing worth $1.4 million to sign autographs at a length of 3 years.

First reported by @darrenrovell

Do people still pay money for autographs?

Paying him $1.4m for "autographs" is like going to those "internet cafes" where you purchase "screen time", i.e. it's just a way to get $$ in the kid's pocket from some booster or boosters who told GT Sports Marketing they'd make good on it to get the kid to OSU. He may or may not sign some autographs at the backer's car dealership or his kid's birthday party, whatever, but the whole thing is a front to pay players.

Paying him $1.4m for "autographs" is like going to those "internet cafes" where you purchase "screen time", i.e. it's just a way to get $$ in the kid's pocket from some booster or boosters who told GT Sports Marketing they'd make good on it to get the kid to OSU. He may or may not sign some autographs at the backer's car dealership or his kid's birthday party, whatever, but the whole thing is a front to pay players.

Exactly.

Back