• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who will pay Wake Forest's players?

College soccer, baseball, and other sports will gain popularity, and then about 1-2 decades after that football and basketball will want to get back in to the scholastic sports competition.

ITT, US Soccer fan still insists soccer will become more popular than football/basketball in this country.

That's not what this says at all.

I hear ya with the tweak there. I’m looking forward to seeing Cindy’s stadium. I’ve been to 168 but not that one. So I’m not qualified to have an opinion yet. You know full well that won’t be true by the end of November.

I hear Wake Forest alums loud and clear and so has John Currie.

Y’all want Steve Forbes and a renovated Joel. This isn’t just some. Overwhelming majority want this.

Just like the overwhelming majority wanted the Joel in 1989 and have since.

Decisions had consequences and they will again.

Are you always Negative Nancy about everything? You even find a way to somehow find a negative with WF's Chris Paul being the dominant post-season NBA player this year. Lighten up.

Between basketball and football, football should be the sport where WF finds itself at a bigger disadvantage as compared to the rest of the conference with the possible exception of Syracuse and Duke. Even so, WF is in the top half of the the conference in winning percentage over the past five years. Having a competent coach is the biggest factor, but facilities help as well. 15 years ago, when facility upgrades were identified as a leading factor in program success, the consensus was that WF couldn't keep up in the facilities race. That was wrong.

Now, that new NLI rules are in place, the same Chicken Littles are getting wound up claiming this is the death of WF Sports. Not even close to accurate. Amazing how our "fans" seem to be the ones most unaware of how appealing WF is and the level of popularity that WF has a destination for rising prospective student college athletes. Live in the DC area, I have kids in HS and just out of HS that are active in sports and have knowledge of recruiting insights among that group. WF is always on the short list of schools that elite HS athletes in football, baseball, basketball, soccer consider in this area. The self-loathing here is just so misplaced.

Sorry for being a Negative Nancy and Chicken Little about a program that has not had a meaningful game in over a decade, and has been arguably the worst major college program over that period. Our biggest wins during that time take place in imaginary games of our NBA alumni against other schools' alumni who kicked our ass when we actually played them in real life. My mistake. Clearly, we should be toasting to our success.

Wouldn't your time be better spent convincing U of Cincy administrators to either shrink the size of Fifth Third Arena (one of the dumbest names ever) from its current 12,000 seat capacity or build a new teeny arena that only you and Wes Miller would have access to?

I hear ya with the tweak there. I’m looking forward to seeing Cindy’s stadium. I’ve been to 168 but not that one. So I’m not qualified to have an opinion yet. You know full well that won’t be true by the end of November.

I hear Wake Forest alums loud and clear and so has John Currie.

Y’all want Steve Forbes and a renovated Joel. This isn’t just some. Overwhelming majority want this.

Just like the overwhelming majority wanted the Joel in 1989 and have since.

Decisions had consequences and they will again.

In 1989, the overwhelming majority wanted a better facility than the "quonset hut" aka the Winston-Salem Coliseum. Wake's financial situation made it necessary that Wake partner with the city. I would take umbrage that "overwhelming majority wanted the Joel..." There just weren't donors willing and able to stroking eight figure checks to fund a Wake only arena. The reality said get better than the quonset hut. The financial reality forced the partnership with the city for the Joel.

Replacing the Joel with a new "on-campus" basketball facility that is smaller, with luxury boxes and adequate parking etc. is going to be around a nine digit project. With the recent financial upsets, that money just isn't around today.

The on- campus workout and practice facilities will have to do, along with a renovated Joel.

When Tim D., Chill, CP3 etc were on the court the Joel was full and rocked. It can again.

The correct answer is another ogboards.com fundraiser (assuming dv7 has the time to organize between his busy schedule and fielding all of the angry calls from Dino Gaudio).

Next question.

Last i checked ogboards only charged their supporters one time. Not over and over and over...

I am not shutting up about the Stadium. Ever.

Atmosphere is almost always a factor in recruiting decisions. We don’t

It seems the only debate is how much the stadium is hurting us. To which the obvious answer is replace it. If it’s 1% bad, that’s too much.

So you’re saying our atmosphere sucks, which means our fans suck not the stadium we’re in. we’ve sucked the last 10 years because of COACHING point blank period. i can promise you the last 10 years have ZERO to do with our stadium. let it go donaldross you sound like a clown.

It has been literal decades since both of our flagship programs have looked as good as they do this upcoming season. Instead of being excited and getting on board with the baller ass coaches we have, so many of you motherfuckers are just slathering potential future failure all over yourselves like pigs in mud. Can’t help being a miserable fucking fanbase.

The stadium argument is so dumb because it's never been our inability to defend our home court which has caused us to fall short but our inability to win on the road and/or in post season.

The stadium argument is so dumb because it's never been our inability to defend our home court which has caused us to fall short but our inability to win on the road and/or in post season.

This. It would have been nice to invest in a small on-campus arena back in the mid-00s or so when the cost could have been manageable. But that time has passed. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a recruit talk about the Joel at all. I’ve only seen recruits talk about a few arenas.

My argument is dumb. I hear ya fellas. Loud and clear.

Settling for less than ideal time and again will get you what we had the last 30 years.

The Mission BBQ chain just sponsored all 17 of Norte Dame’s offensive linemen

The Mission BBQ chain just sponsored all 17 of Norte Dame’s offensive linemen

Fitting. It’s highly overrated food that gets by on sentimental attachment.

So you’re saying our atmosphere sucks, which means our fans suck not the stadium we’re in. we’ve sucked the last 10 years because of COACHING point blank period. i can promise you the last 10 years have ZERO to do with our stadium. let it go donaldross you sound like a clown.

If it sounds like a clown...

Back