• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommendations for lake house locations near winston salem

I don't have anything against Lake Norman per se; but it is crowded and traffic on the east side of the lake is awful. And it's also more expensive than other options if you're looking for a second home.

Missed opportunity for the Biff brand. Your response should have been:

All the damn Yankees

I didn't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

I'm not a fan of this Biff 2.0, the softy.

Anyways Norman is probably the best answer if you have a good amount of cash and don't mind traffic (as Biff said) but if not look into Kerr Scott. It's about an hour away in Wilkesboro and has solid boating scene. Its p chill too. And while the town of Wilkesboro isn't great, its pretty close to the lake and has everything you would need if just wanna hang out and drink by the lake or on your boat.

I don't have anything against Lake Norman per se; but it is crowded and traffic on the east side of the lake is awful. And it's also more expensive than other options if you're looking for a second home.

The east side of Lake Norman are no longer lake houses, they are houses on a lake. Big difference. The west side is still a little more traditional, but even that is getting out of control. If you want to be in major suburbia and live on a lake then yes it is great as you can be out on the boat all day and then hit a high-end restaurant at night, but if you want a traditional lake house then you'd probably have to look elsewhere. And yeah like Biff said you can't leave your house between like 7-9:30 AM or 3:30-6 PM.

Overall, Lake James is probably the best. Only downside is steep lots. It is tough to find a house that isn't on the side of a hill.

Overall, Lake James is probably the best. Only downside is steep lots. It is tough to find a house that isn't on the side of a hill.

That's our favorite lake. We have a lot in SouthPointe and will eventually retire there.

The prices at Lake Norman are climbing daily. I have no desire to be near Charlotte, but all of the prices are out of control.

I have a lot on Lake Rhodhiss. It's a smaller lake but I know they were putting some neighborhoods up.

The prices at Lake Norman are climbing daily. I have no desire to be near Charlotte, but all of the prices are out of control.

I’m on Lake Norman in The Peninsula. The house next door to me just sold for $4 million last week. It’s a pretty nice house, but doesn’t even have a pool or outdoor living. We are getting calls and knocks on our door to sell ours. It’s completely out of control. I bought this house 2 years ago and got an unsolicited offer about a month ago for over 60% higher than what we paid just two years ago. Houses if they get even listed in my neighborhood which is rare, are almost always going for more than asking price. I don’t think you can even get a shitty lot anywhere especially in the south end of the lake for a million. In fact, I would say there’s no way you could get one for even near a million. Any house at all on the lake is going to be over $2 million. If you have a good view and pretty good house you are over $3 million. Really nice house with pool and view is over $4 million these days. And they sell almost immediately and with ease. Some are selling for $5 million. It’s absolutely nuts. I can’t sell mine though because where would I live? Nowhere to buy or go. A buddy of mine jumped ona $3.5 million offer for his house then found out he would have to pay $3.5 million again for a house anywhere her close to what he sold. And there weren’t any. He had to go south to rent a condo in Charlotte. It’s just nuts.

Damn we had a little shack lake house near the Peninsula down on Brawley School road growing up.

Peninsula is that swanky shiiiiiiiiiiit, nice flex.

Brawley school rd would be The Point. Now it is Trump National lol. But same developer.

Damn we had a little shack lake house near the Peninsula down on Brawley School road growing up.

Peninsula is that swanky shiiiiiiiiiiit, nice flex.

Much of The Peninsula is nice yes. I live in a slum house compared to 99% of them. Please, do NOT be impressed.

I’m on Lake Norman in The Peninsula. The house next door to me just sold for $4 million last week. It’s a pretty nice house, but doesn’t even have a pool or outdoor living. We are getting calls and knocks on our door to sell ours. It’s completely out of control. I bought this house 2 years ago and got an unsolicited offer about a month ago for over 60% higher than what we paid just two years ago. Houses if they get even listed in my neighborhood which is rare, are almost always going for more than asking price. I don’t think you can even get a shitty lot anywhere especially in the south end of the lake for a million. In fact, I would say there’s no way you could get one for even near a million. Any house at all on the lake is going to be over $2 million. If you have a good view and pretty good house you are over $3 million. Really nice house with pool and view is over $4 million these days. And they sell almost immediately and with ease. Some are selling for $5 million. It’s absolutely nuts. I can’t sell mine though because where would I live? Nowhere to buy or go. A buddy of mine jumped ona $3.5 million offer for his house then found out he would have to pay $3.5 million again for a house anywhere her close to what he sold. And there weren’t any. He had to go south to rent a condo in Charlotte. It’s just nuts.

Smart $ sells at the premium/bubble price and goes rent somewhere for a few years, then buys low after things correct. Most people won't though - too much of a life disrupter.

Really smart $ doesn't try to time the housing market.

My cousin got married at the Peninsula. Some of you people were probably there. Erskine Bowles and Liddy Dole were. The Embers were the wedding band and because of that night I'll never have another gin and tonic. The Peninsula is crazy swanky.

Sell your house and buy more guitars.

Back