• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Basketball Tournament (TBT) - July 16 to August 3

Pilchard

Reaction score
The TBT (64 team tournament; winning team receives $1 million) tips off today and will run through the beginning of August. Games are televised on the ESPN Networks. The big news in the TBT is that "Overseas Elite" who have won multiple TBT titles are not participating (a number of their players are on other teams). There is no WF team this year, but the following former WF players are participating:

- Corny Hudson (Bucketneers - ETSU alumni)
- Darius Leonard (Hickory Hoyas)
- David Weaver (Team Challenge ALS)
- Keyshawn Woods (Carmen's Crew - tOSU alumni)
- Rondale Watson (Herd That - Marshall Alumni)

Here is a link to the bracket: https://bracket.thetournament.com/

I believe LD is an assistant coach on the Bucketneers as well.

I remembered getting excited about Wake's TBT team a couple of years ago and then turned on the TV to see some out of shape former hoopsters huffing and puffing and getting fuckin' drilled. The only thing worse was watching a video of myself playing in pickup games at a church on a Thursday night.

I remembered getting excited about Wake's TBT team a couple of years ago and then turned on the TV to see some out of shape former hoopsters huffing and puffing and getting fuckin' drilled. The only thing worse was watching a video of myself playing in pickup games at a church on a Thursday night.

this is right on the money as far as wake goes. as far as watching old video of myself, I was pretty sweet back in the day. haha.

If I remember correctly, some of them were still earning pro paychecks.

Tony Chennault is manager (coach?) of Philly's Neumann-Goretti team. He is no longer playing and arguably hasn't since high school.

Tyrese Rice...Yes, the Tyrese Rice who torched us for BC back in the mid-2000s. The dude went off today and stole the ball for a walk off winning layup to send his team to the finals. He plays for Boheims Army. Not sure how they configure these teams.

The other semifinal game is on ESPN right now. Going into 4th quarter.

That makes the Wake team even more disappointing. Rice is the same age as them.

That makes the Wake team even more disappointing. Rice is the same age as them.

Saw B-Chill say on Twitter he wants to be on the next Wake TBT. He'd crush it. Idk what the age/career status qualifications are to be a part of it, but a team of CMM, CJ, B-Chill, Devin and a few others would be entertaining.

Jonah Antonio could crush it from 3 in the TBT.

There doesn't seem to be any restrictions on who can play in the tournament. Just submit credentials, both personal and basketball and the producer chooses who to admit. Criteria for selection include basketball skill level and "other factors." The team of former Wake players was a "fan favorite" chosen via internet vote. That doesn't seem to have happened in 21.

Was curious about Boeheim's Army... So I looked up the roster.

Malachi Richardson (One and done; 22nd pick in 2016 NBA Draft)
Tyler Lydon (Left after 2 years; 24th pick in 2017 NBA Draft)

Those are 2 dudes who probably didn't think they'd be playing in this tournament a couple of years ago.

Was curious about Boeheim's Army... So I looked up the roster.

Malachi Richardson (One and done; 22nd pick in 2016 NBA Draft)
Tyler Lydon (Left after 2 years; 24th pick in 2017 NBA Draft)

Those are 2 dudes who probably didn't think they'd be playing in this tournament a couple of years ago.

Syracuse has to be near the top of the list for players that get drafted and are horrible in the pros. The zone just hides so many issues and doesn't prepare them to play defense in the league.

Syracuse has to be near the top of the list for players that get drafted and are horrible in the pros. The zone just hides so many issues and doesn't prepare them to play defense in the league.

Yep. It makes zero sense to me , how anyone that has NBA aspirations commits to them. You are behind the curve heading into the league compared to your peers .

Saw B-Chill say on Twitter he wants to be on the next Wake TBT. He'd crush it. Idk what the age/career status qualifications are to be a part of it, but a team of CMM, CJ, B-Chill, Devin and a few others would be entertaining.

That group would need a few bigs. And yes, Jonah Antonio would make a living shooting threes in that tournament.

There are only four Syracuse players in the NBA. Pretty sad for a consistently good program.

Back